FS: Kanile'a Custom Tenor Hawaiian Islands Ukulele - $1275. OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukelady

Reaction score
PRICE DROPPED by $125.00!!

For Sale: Beautiful Kanile'a Custom Tenor Hawaiian Islands ukulele. Asking $1275. It was originally set up by MGM. It has probably not been played over 5 hours total since it was finished by Kanile'a a couple years ago. You would be hard pressed to find any scratches or flaws. It has been stored in its case with a humidifer. I purchased it last year here at UU. According to the Kanile'a records, this custom tenor was completed in April 2011. Current prices for these special Kanile'a custom koa ukuleles are about $2000. I have had it out of the case about 4 times to check on it. I am learning on a Mainland.

I read a lot on UU - I don't really post. Through the UU marketplace, I have met some great sellers and I purchased about 6 really nice used ukuleles and 2 new ones, so I have references from some senior UU members. I got bit bad by the ukulele bug, and now I am thinning down the group. If it does not sell here, it will go up at eBay and Craigslist.

The abalone used to make the islands on this ukulele is simply spectacular. All purples and greens and blues. Very little to no white. Haven't seen any other HI model with this vivid and bright abalone. In person it is even more beautiful than the photos. It will come in a pristine Oahu Case Company case - no smoke and no pet household. I don't play well enough to record a sound sample. Hawaii Music Supply has 2 Kanile'a HI models for sale and this ukulele sounds like the HMS sound samples.

Why would I sell this? Just one reason. To order and pay for a Mya-Moe Master Grade Quilted Cherry Classic Tenor with a cedar top - and I got to meet Gordon, Char, and Aaron - arriving there in a snow blizzard. I got to see my ukulele during the build process. They are so talented. I can't justify or afford to keep this exceptional Kanile'a ukulele in the closet and it deserves to be played. I will never part with my Mya-Moe. Since I got the Mya-Moe tenor in January of this year, I have been dragging my feet about posting the Kanile'a for sale. But it is time for it to have a forever home.

Thanks for reading this posting. Last edited by nukelady;

Attachments

• Kanile'a Body.jpg
    Kanile'a Body.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Kanile'a Back.jpg
    Kanile'a Back.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Kanile'a Tuners.jpg
    Kanile'a Tuners.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Kanile'a Hawaiian Islands Abalone.jpg
    Kanile'a Hawaiian Islands Abalone.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Kanile'a Label.jpg
    Kanile'a Label.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
It appears your link to the previous ad doesn't work.

Another BUMP with a lower price of $1200

This beautiful Kanile'a tenor ukulele is still available. Dropped it another $75. Anyone want to buy this for $1200?

What a gorgeous uke and at a great price! If it was a concert, I'd have a hard time resisting. Hope it goes to a loving home soon.

Congrats on your MyaMoe. I've heard really good things about Char and Aaron's work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom