Season 123: The Berni Show

Is it too late to contribute a video?

Here is a tribute to eugene's incredible version of 'i got it bad' which you can check out HERE. I love all of his videos but this one might be my favorite. I tried to learn it for last week but couldn't figure the song out in time (thanks for extending the theme Alan). It is still a bit shaky this week but at least i got something recorded.

God awful camera work as usual. Several mistakes. A true rush job.

Last edited:
Here's a last minute tribute to Ginny's lovely version of this tune from way back in Season 39 - a transatlantic collaboration with filipinouker & we tigers. And thanks to our gracious host for loaning me his lap steel - this was an interesting introduction to the instrument....

Last edited:
Here's a last minute tribute to Ginny's lovely version of this tune from way back in Season 39 - a transatlantic collaboration with filipinouker & we tigers. And thanks to our gracious host for loaning me his lap steel - this was an interesting introduction to the instrument....

I stand in an embarrassment of riches, to count each of you as my friend. This is amazing (and I wish that word weren't used so much) and I enjoyed every second of it. I couldn't take my eyes off the lap steel when it was in the frame, and my ears were tantalized by Shaggy and Saskia's harmony...their voices are like two ribbons swirling around each other. It's a surprise to see Michael play that bass, but he does that well too.

Thanks to BillSkidoo for proposing the song and doing final assembly, and for all of you for performing your particular specialties in it. I'm humbled to receive this tribute. Heartfelt hugs to each of you.

Okay Dear Ones,

I can't think of a better way to wrap up two weeks of tributes than with the Skidoo, Tigers, Shaggy combo celebrating our dear Ginny Turner. So well done everyone!

Please check to make sure that your songs are included in the Playlist today. And PM me especially if the video in question was your single entry for this season. I don't want anyone to be left out of the Sharpiestab (tm) so please double check.

I loved EVERY SINGLE ENTRY this season and will put every Seasonista who submitted an entry into the Sharpiestab(TM) grid one time. There will be two stabs and the winners will send me their email address so I can send them a link for a download of Berni's New Record with his Saturday Blues Project band, "The First Sip". If you want to purchase a copy for yourself or hear some of the tunes you can follow this link to do so.

Special thanks go out to TCK who started this lovefest with the idea to make tribute videos for our favorite Seasonistas. I'd like to dedicate this Season to him as the Host who brought out the best of in each of us. I love you Son.

Last edited:
Let's not forget we also got a cover of Whiskey in The Jar as well ;) Love you right back pops...and the rest of yous.
Special thanks go out to TCK who started this lovefest with the idea to make tribute videos for our favorite Seasonistas. I'd like to dedicate this Season to him as the Host who brought out the best of in each of us. I love you Son.

Last edited:
May I just add that I was extremely honoured to have been the focus of so much Seasonista energy this week. If I haven't commented on your entry, I missed it, so please PM me with a link to yours. I have been mightily busy this week. And although I have finally finished the translation today, I now need to read all 140,000 words again slowly to check for errors. So, I'll be busy for quite some time yet.

For those who didn't do one of mine (I know who you are ;) ) I was pleased to have a collateral role in inspiring some originals in a few cases.

This week's theme (124) was more or less what I would have chosen as my theme for any future hosting. As a songwriter, I love inspiring others to write songs (hence my theme in 83 and the songwriting workshops I have run in the past).

Here's to all the originals I hope to hear over many successful seasons!

I leave the last word to one on of my heroes.

"...Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.”
- Kurt Vonnegut (A Man Without a Country)

This week's theme (124) was more or less what I would have chosen as my theme for any future hosting. As a songwriter, I love inspiring others to write songs (hence my theme in 83 and the songwriting workshops I have run in the past).
Thanks for advertising my week 83 Berni ;-) Perhaps you meant to say Season 81?

I believe every seasonista has that one person who introduced them to the seasons. Whether by knowing them, or by stumbling upon a video.

In my case, its the latter. X3. I stumbled upon a great video of "Whiskey in the Jar" by the one and only MATTYDEE. The rest, as they say, is history. Here's my tribute to the seasonista who, though unknowing, got me going in this fun fun group. I'll get the link to his version once I can get this phone to cooperate. X3

http://youtu.be/hcWnHfF_g5E

Thanks for the tribute Mike. Great job on the tune. I bet TCK got a kick out of this one. Here's my version, for what it's worth, and you should know that many seasonistas have had their hand at this one too, in one of Dave's seasons, and in the Metallica season.

Well, must have been a stroke of luck that its the first video of yours I saw. Kinda gets to be a tribute to just seasonistas as a whole, as well as to you, specifically. X3 (and an excuse to play the song and do a bad Irish accent, on my part).

May I just add that I was extremely honoured to have been the focus of so much Seasonista energy this week. If I haven't commented on your entry, I missed it, so please PM me with a link to yours. I have been mightily busy this week...
For those who didn't do one of mine (I know who you are ;) ) I was pleased to have a collateral role in inspiring some originals in a few cases.

Berni, I didn't do a song tribute for you this week, but I sent you a word tribute, and I'll do it again here:
You are one of a kind, a singer-songwriter with wit, verve and good cheer for everyone else. Your songs are always a highlight of the week. I'm really happy that Alan aimed a Season's theme your way.

Berni, I didn't do a song tribute for you this week, but I sent you a word tribute, and I'll do it again here:
You are one of a kind, a singer-songwriter with wit, verve and good cheer for everyone else. Your songs are always a highlight of the week. I'm really happy that Alan aimed a Season's theme your way.

I know you did Ginny and thanks for making it public. That was my little joke. I know that a couple of people wrote to explain that they were not going to be able to join in the fun this week too.

Great season Alan. Berni deserves that recognition. This new writing week sure makes you appreciate a guy like him that just keeps on getting it done. Berni you are fabulous!

Congrates to the winners:)

seconding everything linda just said, congrats to the winners, big thanks to alan for a great season, and hats off to berni for all his song-writing superfabulousness

Motion made and seconded! All in favor? AYE! That was a fun Season. Thanks once again, Alan. First times are definitely the most memorable, and you were "ever so gentle" a leader/host. :) Well done and Bravo!

Thanks Friends!
I think what I realize each time I host is that it's the non-hosting Seasonistas that make our World go 'round every Season.
I love the creativity that each of you brings to the challenge
Thanks to all of you for allowing me the privilege of watching the process from an internal perch once in a while.
You're a talented, inventive and fascinating bunch.

Motion made and seconded! All in favor? AYE! That was a fun Season. Thanks once again, Alan. First times are definitely the most memorable, and you were "ever so gentle" a leader/host. :) Well done and Bravo!

There are so many you I am completely enamored of...this is no secret. Alan- You are at the top of that list as my adopted father (because lord knows I need one)...but yeah, many of you figure highly on that scale. Know that folks, and bless you for what you do every week.
On to Bernie. Bernie is a treasure. Very few realize this rank in my scheme...but the reality is, he puts his real self out there every week for us, and I admire that so. I looked at 124 and shut down....I am not ready to do what he does with ease and aplomb every dang week, and I sure as hell wont be there. Yeah, I am lame, and fearful, and guarded...But really Bernie- you are an inspiration to us all-even the folks that did not rock a cover at you. I know that is true. We stand in awe while you do your thing every week. Know that my friend.
Alan- one hell of a week pops- truly inspired idea here. Bernie...please for the love of god, don't ever stop bringing us this. Arms of the internet...big old hug...thank you my friend.
Cheers- The Cloverdale Kid

Last edited:
Yay!!! Much love to the sharpie!!! What a fantastic prize to win!!!! [skips about]
Alan - AWESOME week Sir and what a wonderful way to show Berni our appreciation. Hats off to you.
Berni - This has been such a fabulous way to salute your talent and I'm so proud to be part of it. Legend :)

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileybounce:

Top Bottom