FS: Bruko Longneck AND Bruko Slim Sopranos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

Reaction score
+++++++++Both ukuleles are now SOLD, thanks to all who messaged++++++++++++++

Reluctantly, and against advice from some very wise people on here, I'm offering two Bruko ukuleles for sale. If I had the room, the skills and the means I'd be keeping them both, but needs must and I want to spend some time actually playing my Pono, rather than prevaricating about other ukuleles and strings for a while! Plus I want to buy a camera with video so I can inflict me warblings on you all (so if anyone buys these, it'll be your fault if I then post tuneless videos up!)

Anyway, the ukes. The first is a Bruko longneck soprano. I've only had this a couple of weeks, but have since been surprised with a gift (Pono concert!) which has kind of taken its place. It has solid mahogany back and sides, a three piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck, a mahogany fingerboard, and a cedar top with mahogany binding. I've also had the rosewood nut replaced with an oxbone nut, and the plastic saddle has been replaced with oxbone too. While I was at it the action has been lowered, from 4.5mm at the 12th fret down to 3mm. Because I've replaced rosewood/plastic with bone (and because of the cedar top) there has been no loss of volume. It sounds really lovely, with lots of sustain and presence. It also has a brand new set of Worth browns fitted, and comes with a Warwick Rockbag.

I'm offering at £175 with free tracked 24hour postage in the UK.
I will ship overseas, but postage is eye-wateringly expensive here, so no free postage sorry! But to make it fair, I'll knock the free postage I'm offering UK buyers off the total shipping cost.

So, to send to the US or Canada the price is £35 (takes 5-9 days, tracked and insured, will be £20 to the buyer once that £15 is knocked off) or £61 (takes 3 days, tracked and insured, will be £46 to the buyer once the £15 is knocked off).

To send to the EU the price is £20 (takes 3-5 days, tracked and insured, will be £5 to the buyer once that £15 is knocked off) or £35 (takes 3 days, tracked and insured, will be £20 to the buyer once the £15 is knocked off).

Here are some pics (I'll add more on a second post below).
View attachment 68109 View attachment 68110

The second uke is a Bruko special slimline model. Made from all solid mahogany (top, sides, back and neck) with a rosewood fingerboard.
The nut and saddle are also ox bone, and the action has been lowered again (not quite as low as the longneck, as this seemed to make it a lot quieter, but considerably lower than Bruko send them out!). It is also fitted with a new set of Worth browns, and comes with a special slim hardcase (which is very sweet just on its own!).
Again, it's hardly been played. The only thing wrong with it is a small section of lacquer lifted when the nut was being changed (on the face of the headstock, see the last pic in the third post below), but this is cosmetic and doesn't affect the playing in any way. Luckily I salvaged the section and glued it back down. Because of this though I am offering it lower than I wanted at £100, again with free tracked 24hour postage in the UK, and again I will get specific quotes for overseas interest. It is a very sweet sounding (and sweet looking) uke, and I'll be sad to see it go.

**********The slimline Bruko is now SOLD!**********

Here are some pics, more to follow:
View attachment 68111 View attachment 68112

PS, I've never used the marketplace before, so if I've done 'owt wrong I apologise, and please feel free to ask for more info/pics etc!

Last edited:
Price lowered on the longneck, and I'll head up to the post office this afternoon to find out postage costs for the US and Europe.

The slimline model is now sold, the longneck is still available!

Shipping options for US, Canada and EU now added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom