Recording Ukulele with iPad or MAC

Since I like Zoom products, I would buy the Zoom IQ5. I own the iphone 5S and I personally think the mic is good but exterior ones are much better. I want a small attachment and it has the lightning connector. I plan to buy the mini w/ retina as soon as the new one comes out so I can get it cheaper. After that, I'll look into buying the Zoom as it's small so I can carry it around with me. Maybe there will be better products in a few months.

Below is a review.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/re...l-stereo-microphone-with-lightning-connector/

CoolK, are you talking about recording videos as well because amplification wouldn't be a problem if just recording music. If you do videos, then you would need an exterior mic. I know Chuck Moore started recording videos with his ipad mini with the Zoom IQ5.

I have a zoom h2 and have used it with good results. The mic on the iPad mini is also pretty good though not as good as the h2. What I was fighting with both mics though was two issues. The first was the tendency for the mics to record the whole room with all it's crazy reverb. And secondly the battle to balance the volume of both the vocal and the instrument with each other. To combat the first I needed better mics and this means mics better suited to studio recording. And for the second I needed to be able to have two channel recording so that I can fine tune balances in post. This was why I went for the presonus audiobox. Though to be honest it was on sale. If it hadn't been I would have probably gone for a similar product from a competitor. As it is I'm happy with the choice I made. That being said if I need a quick recording I still use the ipad mic. It does a great job if I don't need studio quality.

I go with Olart. I've used Blue yeti and have Misi pickups in 2 of my Ukes, but the Apogge is a fantastic bit of kit, quite a bit more pricey. But it's well worth it. Just depends on what you need it for ,

Top Bottom