For the artistic types

Timbuck

Reaction score
Blimey... at the start I thought "yeah, and..." but by the time he's adding the shadows and reflections of the bottle on the glass...

I always really wanted to draw, but this is the best I can manage:
View attachment 68417

View attachment 68418

I'll stick to noise...

First assignment in art school, 2-D design class, back in the day (1976):

1. Crumple up a piece of aluminum foil.
2. Render it in pencil.

A maddening task, but that wasn't the end of it. The next phase of the assignment was to duplicate the drawing in ink, using a ruling pen, t-square and triangle (ah, the good old days), in parallel lines only, bringing them closer together or farther apart to indicate shading. The teacher evaluated the work by comparing the two renderings. The goal was to not be able to tell them apart when viewing them from a distance.

It was not an assignment I repeated when I became a teacher.

Oh, and in drawing class, we drew paper bags for a month straight. When students begged to be allowed to draw something else, the teacher emptied a can of shaving cream on a pedestal. For the next month, we drew foam.

I was expecting the video to end with the hand grabbing the bottle, removing the cap, and pouring a drink. So realistic.

Boy has skillz.

Stunning, with many more videos to enjoy by him on YouTube. Also, proof someone does have more markers and colored pencils than me. (Thank you) :)

Top Bottom