FS:TJ Concert Mango Uke, possible Tangi

bahama.blue

Reaction score
Here's the story I have on this uke. Anyone care to pass any more history about it would be appreciated.
I bought this from a fellow who bought from TJ on the island of Kauai, Hi. TJ claimed it was a custom built uke, but I have been told it's really a Tangi. I called a local music store on Kauai and here's what they said. "TJ was a family member of the folk's that owed Tangi. He would get their 2nds, repair them and resale them from his home.
Solid mango uke with rosewood fretboard. Mahog(?) binding on top. BWBW purfling. Gloss finish. I'll let the photos speak for the wood pattern. Easy player, great warm sound, intonation is spot on, action is just right and just put on new set of Aquila. This is the second time I've tried to bond with a concert, but I again it's the tenor for me.
If your looking for a show piece, it's not for you. It's been repaired and will do my best to describe. Visible is the excess glue at the neck joint and where there fretboard meets the sound hole. Possible bridge was re-glued as well, but if so it was done well. There are few minor bumps/dings, couple sharp frets. Everything is straight and tight.
Offered at $175 includes free shipping to the lower 48. Sorry on overseas shipping. No case, will insure and pack well. Gifted Paypal would be appreciated. If not pleased, returns accepted after 3 day trial period for full refund. Buyer to pay return shipping.
I'm fairly new here, but check my feedback on Ebay. User name the same as here: bahama.blue
Thank you, Mike

Attachments

• P1090349.JPG
    P1090349.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 133
  • P1090350.JPG
    P1090350.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 147
  • P1090351.jpg
    P1090351.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 115
  • P1090352.JPG
    P1090352.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 115
  • P1090354.JPG
    P1090354.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Few more Photos

Inside the soundhole is stamped " Hawaiian Ukulele from TJ at Kauia Mango"

Attachments

• P1090355.JPG
    P1090355.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 47
  • P1090356.JPG
    P1090356.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 62
  • P1090357.JPG
    P1090357.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 46
  • P1090359.JPG
    P1090359.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 47
Good luck bonesigh, usually first PM get's it.

Thanks Bonesigh. Played it again last night. Nicest playing uke I have or ever had. Plenty of volume and can handle good amount of attack. If your looking for a concert, not some show piece believe you'll be pleased. Mind you the mango is beautiful.

Payment received. Thanks. Last night after your msg wanting it, thought better to take it around the horn one more time. We got into a 45 minute jam session of Santana's "Evil Ways". It's a player all the way up the neck......On to you Monday.

Strum on, mike

Your inbox is full. She's arrived safely. Was the bottom of the fretboard cracked when you sent her? It doesn't really matter, just wanted to know. I don't have much time to play her today or tomorrow as I'm going to the Lake Anne Reston VA ukulele festival tomorrow and doing open mic so it's go, go, go.

Thanks again :)

I'm sorry, yes it was. I was looking over my notes on the uke and had noted the crack on the fret board. There's another fine crack (maybe just in the finish itself) on the sound hole edge at the base of the fret board. I normally make note of such things, history of owners, build, etc and log in my uke book. Then refer back to it if selling. In a late night listing failed to use my on method. Geeez! Again sorry. For any reason it bothers you or you don't bond with it, no worries contact me and we will work out the return.
The crack was there when I purchased it and has had been stable. Not sure, but appears the fretboard was re-glued near that area. Maybe that had something to do with it. The good is the fret board is straight and flat. I cleaned and oil the fret board before putting the new strings on it. It didn't appear to be dried out, but a thin coat of oil seemed best for good measure.
Hope you guys have great time at the festival. Best, mike

Top Bottom