New Ukulele Club forming in Atwater Village Los Angeles

rufustf

Reaction score
If this post belongs in a different area of the forum, please go ahead and move it to the proper place.

I recently quit working at a local music school where I'd run a group ukulele class, and instead of letting the class end with my departure, the class and myself have decided to start a ukulele club in it's stead. My experience with adult private students is that the majority don't have the time to keep up with the practice routine involved in private instruction, so I thought that this may be a happy medium for folks looking to improve upon their playing. It's also cheaper than lessons, ($10 per session, cash only).

We will meet on tuesdays from 9pm to 10pm at 55 Degree Wine. That's right, we are doing this in a wine bar. How's that for an unusual perk?

55 Degree Wine
3111 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90039

Many of the ukulele clubs/gatherings etc. seem to stay at the level of a "sing along with ukulele accompaniment". While we can certainly do some singing, the main focus here will be better playing.

I am a professional musician and I also play jazz & classical guitar, lap steel guitar, banjo, cuatro, & charango. Been teaching music over 25 years.

Anyone with questions, please send me an email at jason@myersmaniamusic.com and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Here is the text I am putting on the poster and flyer:

The Atwater Village Ukulele Club
Tuesdays 9pm-10pm
Want to improve upon your ukulele playing in a fun environment without private lessons? The Atwater Village Ukulele Club just might be the thing for you!
The Atwater Village Ukulele Club will help you to increase your knowledge of the ukulele and improve your playing techniques, general musicianship, and listening skills by learning songs as a group under the guidance of a professional musician. All levels welcome.*
55 Degree Wine
3111 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90039
We will meet downstairs behind the tasting room.
Bring your ukulele and a tuner plus a light duty music stand. All other materials will be provided.
$10 per session (cash only)
Directed by Jason Myers
If you have any questions please contact Jason at jason@myersmaniamusic.com

Great idea. I wish you were a little closer to the Westside!

Well, if this proves successful, maybe I'll expand.
Oh, and we're not getting started this tues, but on July 15.
J

I'm another for the westside, but closer to Beverly Hills, Westwood, Century City. I just dropped out of the Westside Ukulele Ensemble because I couldn't keep up, this sounds like a better fit for me.

This might actually work really well for me living in Burbank. Plus the late time may work better for me

This sounds like a good idea! TBUS started with 2 or 3 people. We just went 700...good luck!

Thanks to those who came last week! We do it again tonight.
Jason

It's been going well. Thought I'd post a reply as some folks may have forgotten about this one.
9-10pm
55 Degree Wine
3111 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90039

thanks for the update, i was actually curious about how sessions were going.
what is the parking situation over there?

Top Bottom