Just Received my Martin C1-K

Shorebird

Reaction score
Came home yesterday and my Martin C1-K had arrived. I am amazed how much easier it was to play than my other ukulele. Chords I struggled with were much easier to reach and I found it easier to strum. It must be the lower action and the thinner neck. My wife actually accused me of showing off as I played it. I struggled with fretting a banjo because of my short fingers. Do other ukuleles on the market have similar sized necks to the Martins? Anyway I am so pleased that I sprung for the C1-K.

Congrat's! C1K's rule! :shaka:

I played one locally in a store and was amazed at how easy it was to play.
Congrats.

Welcome to the C1K club! Stick your nose in the soundhole and give that baby a whiff :D

Welcome to the C1K club! Stick your nose in the soundhole and give that baby a whiff :D

LOL!

@Shorebird: Congrats on your purchase! I have a Martin 2k concert and I love it!

Petey

I'll always love my first uke, the Lanakai LU22 C GC, but the Martin CK1 is in a whole other league. The fretwork, the neck profile both provide for amazing action and playability. I continue to enjoy the Lanakai, especially for first-position chord strumming fun. But the CK1, plays so well up the neck and on arrangements with barre chords, I find myself using more than ever. Congrats on a great purchase.

Congratulations!
I can't wait to smell cocobolo wood. Soon.

Last edited:
congrats! they seem like great ukuleles I just got a t1k myself

Last edited:
Top Bottom