Never ever....do this!

bonesigh

Reaction score
View attachment 68840View attachment 68841View attachment 68842While getting ready for the Ukulele Festival in Northern VA I got my ukes ready and in my rolly bag with music etc. Asked a family member to please put the ukes in the car. Well, they put them:uhoh:....behind the car. Rest in pieces by beloved Ibenez quilted maple, cut away concert. My Eleuke solid now wears band aids on her neck and will never ever be the same again!:wallbash:

You know I was gonna add a picture that would just make you cry but....the message board won't let me upload one!

Imagine this...head of the uke is cracked in half, splinters, screws went flying inside the case, neck broken off and in two pieces, edge of body split badly, WAAHHHHHH!

Last edited:
Oh no! :(:(:(

Terrible. I'm travelling soon by plane with at least one uke and am paranoid that a catastrophe like that will occur. I almost want to take my worst uke but I'm playing at a wedding. So sorry to hear about your accident. On the bright side, will this mean a new uke in your future?

And those family member are still in one piece??? You have amazing self control. I'm really sorry for you dear, I'd absolutely HATE that.

Oh no. That sucks. On the bright side - a good reason to feed your UAS though!

I'm so sorry, I know it's just "stuff" and people are more important but still it's a bummer.

I'm afraid that my own days of comforting the perpetrator in cases like this are done. It just left me without whatever and the perp walked away laughing behind my back. So I probably would have said "What did you NOT understand about INSIDE the car?" and then I would have said "Looks like you're buying me a new uke." which I did with the last purchase, (or maybe "You're grounded and this is coming out of your allowance and/or college fund"). No more Mr Nice Guy.

If Family Member had trouble getting into the car, s/he should have told you. Leaving them behind the car??? What was s/he thinking???

Yesterday I picked my beloved husband up from an errand ... and he dropped, and I do mean dropped, a valise with at least one book in it right onto the neck of my Kamoa tenor, which was lying in our pickup truck's cab extension. He knew I was coming straight from a jam, and he'd been told the Kamoa was there, but he'd forgotten, and didn't look. The gig bag is padded, but not super-padded.

I picked up the ukulele right away, and everything felt fine ... but I could not bring myself to open the bag. We weren't far from home, but that was one long, long drive.

Fortunately, the Kamoa somehow came out of it OK, though it shouldn't have. Husband felt bad, so I hope there won't be any repeats.

Oh no! That Ibanez was beautiful...so, so sorry to hear this.

Somehow, to say that "..it happens" is not enough. So sorry this happened to you. I know they are replaceable, but money doesn't grow on trees. Have to download pics to your pictures windows pictures files, then upload them to UU, then manage attachments to your post and add...... Also, a fairly new product I recently learned of is fiber fix. Not sure it it'll help or not. http://www.fiberfix.com/

Be praying you become "whole" again real soon.

Heartsick. Yes, I know they are possessions, and not people, but part of you was in the core of those instruments.

Last edited:
Oh NO. Oh NO.. I am so sorry for you :(
Sometimes they just don't have the sense of certain things, sometimes even can't really say its their fault. They don't understand why so care, & why we cry for that. I feel your pain:(

How cruel! It is hard to imagine someone so unkind and thoughtless.

Hope there's still something playable while you regroup and rebuild.

My sincere condolences to you for your loss.. and loss of voice yelling at your family member...may your uke RIP

You have my sympathy.

But, maybe this is an opportunity to find an instrument that could be your all time favorite.
Find your cloud's silver lining.

(I guess a certain family member of yours will never be asked to move your ukes again.)

My sincere condolences to you for your loss.. and loss of voice yelling at your family member...may your uke RIP

What MM said.

Oh im so sorry!! Like everyone else said too its just a "thing" but how many things do you pick up daily like an instrument? how many of your random daily items really mean something to you? Terrible :( but try and be positive! Someone better be helping fund a trip to the music shop for you!

My condolences. That really sucks! Godspeed lil uke....

I hope you find another that you like just as much or more!

Hah, there was a new uke the same day!! I did go to a Uke Festival :) Good luck with the wedding and uke travel!

Terrible. I'm travelling soon by plane with at least one uke and am paranoid that a catastrophe like that will occur. I almost want to take my worst uke but I'm playing at a wedding. So sorry to hear about your accident. On the bright side, will this mean a new uke in your future?

Top Bottom