FS: Kala KA-ASLAS Spruce & Lacewood Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macmuse

Reaction score
Time to get a lovely instrument to a home that will make more use of it than it is getting here.

It's strung with Aquila reds now. Was originally set up by HMS (with standard Aquila).

Barely used so no strum marks to note, nor wear on frets or fingerboard.

It's got what some might call a slight blem on the back binding. I've tried to capture it in the pictures. It's a small spot that seems to be missing the finish, during manufacture. Didn't bother me so I didn't try to remedy it. It was not purchased as a second.

Price: $230 + shipping, via PayPal - I cover PayPal fee.

Included:
Kala soprano, carefully padded & boxed.

A gig bag that is a little large for it - standard concert I think - if the buyer wants it.

A Herco humidifier (the clay one in the black plastic container - I added a couple additional holes in the top).

Why:
I'm trying to balance out the collection here based upon what is actually getting played and the realization that I much prefer concert and larger (a concert scale soprano is staying around... for now... I came from guitar).

I also haven't taken to the friction tuners well, as it's the only one I have that has them and I just don't play it enough to get comfortable with them

(please note, not disparaging friction at all. We have others with friction in the house that I don't play much and they are just nifty instruments!)

The photos don't do the grain of the lacewood justice.
Kala-spruce-top.jpgKala-UUtag.jpgKala-lacewood-back.jpgKala-side1.jpgKala-side2.jpg
I'm not adept at recording to get anything close to what my instruments sound like (I really want to get a recording done of the walnut Ono and keep failing). There are clips out there of this Kala style and it's very consistent - on the bright side due to the spruce top.

I tend to prefer UPS but if you have a preference I'm happy to accommodate.

Additional Photos

Here are a few more photos, including the blem, which is hard to capture:

Kala-blem.jpgKala-AquilaRed.jpgKala-label-strings.jpgKala-bottom.jpg

Note: this is my first FS here... but I've purchased a few from other UUers. My goal is to get a neat little soprano into someone's hands who actually wants to play it. :)

Last edited:
I had one of these and I liked it very much. It is uncommonly pretty.

You gentlemen who would like to interest a woman in your life in uking, this is a real charmer that will help you get her strumming.

I had one of these and I liked it very much. It is uncommonly pretty.

You gentlemen who would like to interest a woman in your life in uking, this is a real charmer that will help you get her strumming.

Indeed. The main reason it didn't go up for sale sooner is.... I really love the looks of this one. Just can't justify keeping it with lack of play, budget constraints in the household and keeping it in a case all winter where I don't even see it. ;)

Last edited:
Okey-doke. If there is truly no interest in even bargaining with me for this one I'll take it over to eBay to give it a shot...

Edit: still available here for a bit as I'd rather it go to someone at UU if there's interest... :)

Last edited:
These are very nice instruments in all the sizes available. I had the tenor and only sold it to purchase a high end Mike Pereria. Very good looking and good tone and intonation.
I always considered it extremely good value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom