Song Help Request Transposing

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
I am trying to transcribe a song from a piano piece and it has a Bb note below low C I have tried to transpose it to other keys but it is still included in the music. Is there anyway around this.
Thanks Phil.
ScreenHunter_17 Jul. 14 12.38.jpg

Maybe I don't understand the question. If you want to transpose the piece so the Bb becomes a C, you will have to move all the chords and all the notes up two half steps. What do you mean "is still included in the music"?

Maybe I don't understand the question. If you want to transpose the piece so the Bb becomes a C, you will have to move all the chords and all the notes up two half steps. What do you mean "is still included in the music"?

I have tried to transpose in different keys but when transposed the Bb is still in the music.

What key is the music in? Jim's right. Just move it up a whole step. Or slap a Low G on your uke and play it the way it's written.

yeah, so if you transpose the part shown, you would have:

D - C - E - D

and as the others said, your lowest note would be middle C so you could play it with a high G

yeah, so if you transpose the part shown, you would have:

D - C - E - D

and as the others said, your lowest note would be middle C so you could play it with a high G

I have transposed to C but it is still in the music .
ScreenHunter_18 Jul. 15 18.27.jpg

I have transposed to C but it is still in the music .
View attachment 69001

Is your question about the use of software, or about music theory? If it's the software, please tell us what you are using and maybe someone can help. I'm a Luddite who uses pencil and paper, so that someone won't be me! :)

The lyrics in this image do not match the one above, so now I'm really confused by what you are asking. The lowest note shown in this image is A below middle C, so perhaps instead of going up, you went the other way?

Is your question about the use of software, or about music theory? If it's the software, please tell us what you are using and maybe someone can help. I'm a Luddite who uses pencil and paper, so that someone won't be me! :)

The lyrics in this image do not match the one above, so now I'm really confused by what you are asking. The lowest note shown in this image is A below middle C, so perhaps instead of going up, you went the other way?

I am using guitar pro. The first image was in original key of Bb second was transposed to C. I have just transposed it to F and now lowest notes is middle C . Thanks everybody for your input.

After you transpose, make sure you change the key signature on the "Bar" menu.
Also make sure you transpose "all bars" not the default.

Top Bottom