NUD custom tenor gypsy jazz style uke from Bruce Wei.

Looks good. However, I would caution people to wait six months and see how the wood holds up. The custom Mexican guitar I had looked absolutely gorgeous and was useless in six months.

Looks good. However, I would caution people to wait six months and see how the wood holds up. The custom Mexican guitar I had looked absolutely gorgeous and was useless in six months.

kohanmike, I'm looking forward to you doing a long-term test on this uke! Please let us know how it is after playing with it for a time (wood opening up etc.). ;)
I'm glad that it has worked out for you so far. Congratulations! :)

kohanmike, I'm looking forward to you doing a long-term test on this uke! Please let us know how it is after playing with it for a time (wood opening up etc.). ;) I'm glad that it has worked out for you so far. Congratulations! :)

Yep, I have a lot of confidence that it will hold up to time, it is very well built and I have a good humid controlled cabinet.

Inadvertently saw this thread and thought I would reply to the last requests about longevity. It's been about 4 years since I got this uke and it's even better than when I received it. At first I found it had good tone, but the projection and resonance was not as good as I like. In this time, the uke seems to have broken in and has much better presence. The build quality is great, no issues what-so-ever, I do keep it in a humidified shelf I made, and play it in rotation with my 7 other ukes every couple of weeks.

I've been playing with a group of acoustic guitarists Sundays in a park and I was surprised that few of them never heard of a Selmer Maccafarri gypsy jazz Django Reinhardt guitar.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Top Bottom