Griffin Soprano Ukulele, hard case, and more...

Paul Dominic Martin

Reaction score
FS: Griffin Soprano Ukulele, hard case, and more...

FS: Griffin Soprano Ukulele, hard case, planet waves tuner, hercules ukulele stand and aurora strings.

Selling a Griffin Ukulele #12 made in 2011 but bought in 2013. I had a Fishman Passive Pick-up professionally installed at guitarsolo in San Francisco. This is the pro type to his acorn ukuleles and it is made of maple and has a thin body. It currently has Aquila Red Low-G and Fremont Blacks strings on it. It is the only one of its kind since he made the acorn Uke shortly after so I'm still on the fence with selling it. Such an amazing Uke and the only one of it's kind made by Brian Griffin in the world!!!! It's so thin it feel like it's apart of you as you play. It's pretty amazing!!!! The white hard case has backpack straps and also cost me over $200. This also comes with coastal strings and aurora strings as well.

Some more specifics:

Top: Sitka Spruce
Sides; tiger stripe maple
binding, dark fabric,
back: carved, concave tiger stripe maple
neck, walnut
peghead plate, quilted maple
fretboard , bridge and heel cap; Ebony
dots top and side, mother of pearl
tuners, black ,friction
Strings; multi-color Aurora/Aquila

This is a standard size and shaped soprano uke except its sides are only one inch high. It has a concave, carved fiddleback maple back which contributes to its rich sound and surprising volume . It had a role in the development of the "Pinecone" design. This one is built to survive in a back pack.

One of a kind in this world!!!! $500 in CONUS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
That is an "off the hook" cute little sucker. Love it. I wish I was more of a soprano person.

D'ya know what? I look at the Marketplace almost every day. I'm a confirmed soprano person, so only ever look at those. I see sops come and go. I see beautifully made sopranos, replicas of vintage Martins, vintage Martins themselves, Da Silvas, Collings etc. But I have very specific thoughts on what really works for me.

This Griffin really works for me...if only I was in a slightly better money place. And that case! And the stand! Low G, though? Well that would have to go! A non-re-entrant soprano? How dare you! ;)

Lovely uke, Paul. And (as I have exhaustively indicated) I don't say that often...

Ben

I had the pleasure of playing this very uke at Brian's workshop. I fell in love with it and it broke my heart that I couldn't scrape up the cash for it before this lucky fella did. All of Brian Griffins ukes are of very high caliber, but there is something very special about this one. Plenty of volume, killer tone, and one of the prettiest chunks of maple I've ever seen. Again, I lack the funds... Somebody is going to be very stoked with this uke though.

I had the pleasure of playing this very uke at Brian's workshop. I fell in love with it and it broke my heart that I couldn't scrape up the cash for it before this lucky fella did. All of Brian Griffins ukes are of very high caliber, but there is something very special about this one. Plenty of volume, killer tone, and one of the prettiest chunks of maple I've ever seen. Again, I lack the funds... Somebody is going to be very stoked with this uke though.

Fourstringisplenty, I watched this Uke for years and did the same and hoped it didn't sell. When it didn't I took it as a sign to finally buy it. The only reason i'm selling is cause I'm a minimalist and I don't play her as
much as my outdoor ukulele cause I'm always traveling with my career and I don't want to damage this little Uke and since I'm in the aviation industry the constant change in elevation seems to make it harder to tune at times with all the elevation changes. Not so much now since I don't take her with me. This Uke is amazing and truly a custom one of a kind at an amazing price!!! Especially with all that I'm giving with her.

Still on the fence on some days whether I want to sell her. Hmmmm.

How I wish I could help you out I'd love to bring that thing back to Bellingham, WA- where most of that wood was grown.

Top Bottom