Jazz standards

I had thought about doing a short vid but restrained because I remember reading a thread about" as soon as people learn something they whack it on you tube whether it's ghastly or not!!..".Okay I will be brave and do a short vid on the sort of chord progression Glen teaches. Will I get into trouble from Glen though?...Things are so complicated these days.
Pete.

Nice find Rabbit...there is a wealth of info and links to a great bunch of videos if you dig around!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!

I have Ukulele Jazz by Kiyoshi Kobayashi. Not sure if it is available overseas but it is great. Excellent arrangement and comes with a CD of the songs.

Here is a very interesting Trad Jazz blog by a "grumpy, very old guy" in England. He presents nearly two dozen "standard" jazz progressions and the songs in which they appear. The progressions are presented using the Nashville numbering system so you can easily transpose them to any key you like.

http://playing-traditional-jazz.blogspot.com/search/label/Chord progressions
Absolutely brilliant link there, thanks so much for this! I shall make sure I don't lose it - so useful if you love those old tunes and want to build your musical skill set.....

Glad to share with everyone. This blog has a wealth of ideas on listening to, performing, and appreciating traditional jazz. So much of it can be easily translated to the uke. If you haven't yet, check out any of the Tuba Skinny videos. I have three of their CDs and they never fail to put a smile on my face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom