Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 127 - Stories!

Default Season 127 - Stories!

Stories! If you were to read the lyrics of the song it would tell a story from start to finish. So, each song you post would be a complete short story. Here are some examples to help you understand what I am talking about: Cat's in the Cradle, Taxi, Hurricane, Atlantic City, Puff the Magic Dragon, Coward of the County, Thunder Road, Scenes From an Italian Restaurant, Ballad of Billy the Kid, Devil Went Down to Georgia, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. These are just examples to give you an understanding of what the Season is about.

As usual, don't post until 12:01 am Hawaii time on July 20. Standard rules for the Season apply with one minor exception. If you aren't sure if a song fits there is no need to ask. Just do it as I will not turn away anyone.

Three songs per person. No bonuses. Ukulele front and center. Multi-tracking or not is ok - whatever you would like to do. Should be a new video for this week and say Season 127 somewhere.

As for prizes I'm still thinking about it. However, I know that for this Season I'll be doing a drawing so everyone will have a chance to win.

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by frisbee fred; 07-19-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Hurrah!

Narratives are fun.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

AWESOME THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee fred View Post
    for this Season I'll be doing a drawing
    oh great, some art too?

no but seriously when i first started on the seasons people talked about doing RANDOM DRAWING when judging and honest to goodness i thought what? they're gonna draw something with their eyes shut, how is that gonna find a winner

and yeah ok

so i'm a bit thick, so what?

Dug deep in my songbooks for this one. I never played it before so will likely be put up in a few days. Lots of things to learn. The song is simple but this will be the first time singing since grade school. Also the first vid where I will do editing and such(also my first seasons entry.)
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddyJesusSmokes
    http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/ohmless
    Ukulele start date: November 1st, 2013
    Cordoba 15CM concert uke

Quote Originally Posted by ohmless View Post
    Dug deep in my songbooks for this one. I never played it before so will likely be put up in a few days. Lots of things to learn. The song is simple but this will be the first time singing since grade school. Also the first vid where I will do editing and such(also my first seasons entry.)
    So many firsts! You are among friends here - we are looking forward to it

My 4 year old will be jacked - One of his favorite kids song tells a little story. Great theme!
    If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Great! Most English folk songs tell a story.

Now, let's think... hmm...

Chevy Chase. Only 76 verses. That should do. Might need to leave a few out.

Maybe not but I shall definitely have to do a Child Ballad.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Question: cuss words? The songs that come to mind for this theme are a bit dirty. Anyone going to pop a vein if I sing them?
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

I'm gonna have to be smart here and not use up my three songs today..... Because I have loads I could do. Loads.

Great theme Fred.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

I'm about 15 minutes early but it's not often I get a chance to get in first and do a song I already know how to play.

This is by the Raconteurs. The original builds up absolutely brilliantly, hopefully I've managed to capture some of that here.

Thread Information