FS: Collings UT-2K Ukulele. Highly figured

uburoibob

Reaction score
SOLD: Collings UT-2K Ukulele. Highly figured

Hi All,

Up for sale is my Collings UT-2K. I've had this about two years and love it, but find that I don't play it nearly enough. And my dog just had back surgery, so the proceeds from this would pay about 1/4 of that bill.

It's in great shape except for some tiny dents in the finish in the treble side of the upper bout, where a strumming hand would come down. There are some similar tiny impressions on the back in the bass side of the waist. These are shallow and don't come close to breaking the finish. Small enough as to not be photographable. When I bought it, these weren't even mentioned as you really have to look to see them.

That's it. Sounds gorgeous. Looks gorgeous. Is gorgeous.

SOLD $1800 plus shipping and PayPal or best offer.

Comes with the original Collings hardshell case and a some extra strings.

Here are some photos:

My 2009 Collings UT2K:

CollingsUT2K_2.JPG

CollingsUT2K_1.JPG

CollingsUT2K_3.JPG

CollingsUT2K_4.JPG

Last edited:
Here are three more photos - from the site where I bought it:

CollingsUT2K_5.JPG

CollingsUT2K_6.JPG

CollingsUT2K_7.JPG

I hope your dog is ok. You weren't joking when you said your uke is figured.... that's some serious figuring!

Thanks, Steve. She's learning how to walk again, but one of her hind legs is a lot weaker than the other.

We're, of course, hoping she makes enough of a recovery to get around unassisted.

Nothing gets dogs down, though. She has her second followup with the surgeon tomorrow.

Bob

Wow! That Uke sure is a beauty! Should be snapped up quickly. Best wishes to you and your pooch.

Nice Koa, you shouldn't have too many problems selling that beauty!

Believe it or not, this Uke is still for sale...

Bob

Thanks, chillywilly! I am sending you 50 dozen donuts - rather than shrink the uke, let's grow you into a tenor player!

Bob

Hi Bob, just PM'ed you.

Hi Andy,

I sent you a reply, but I don't see it in my SENT folder. You may, in fact, see it twice. Please let me know if you have received it.

Thanks.
Bob

Hi Bob, I see both messages. And I have replied with an offer that I can afford at the moment.

Thanks, Andy.

So, this ukulele is still up for sale! I know, I know, summer's not the best time. But it's always the best time for a great Ukulele!

Bob

:rotfl::rotfl:

Krispy Kremey Collings sound...

Bob

Last edited:
Someone wrote and asked me if my uke sounded like a very similar Collings UT-2K (with 3K Koa). It does, in fact, sound a great deal like the one in the video he sent me a link to.

So, I made a quick video of me playing a snippet of the same song (Here Comes The Sun). My apologies for not being as good as the fellow in the other video, but it gets the idea across.

Here is:

Last edited:
Good luck with the sale; if I didn't need a new car I'd have snapped this right out of your hands!

I've shared it on my facebook page, because I love sharing pictures of beautiful ukes. Here's hoping it drums up some interest for you. :)

Thanks, byjimini. One way or the other this will be gone by the end of the day. I have a great standing offer, and am still waiting to hear back from someone I started negotiating with before the offer. I am giving it until 6pm today and will have either sold it, or accepted the offer. It's a great uke - both beautiful and an incredible instrument. I hate to see it go, but I gotta do what I gotta do. So, thanks for sharing it!

Still comes down to this: First $1800 takes it.

Bob

Top Bottom