New Uke Day: Omega Zedro I soprano #18

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Hi, all.

My most recent ukulele purchase is a whole lot of firsts rolled into one sweet little instrument. Much as I was wary of falling into the trap of 'Limited Edition' instruments, I loved the sound of the Zedro series ukuleles ('Zedro' meaning cedar)

This isn't my first experience of zebrawood, but the back on this uke is absolutely sublime.

Back-2.jpg

It seems darker in the photo than it actually is, but the striping is incredible.

This is my first experience of a cedar top, though. I love the sound - so very different from spruce.

SDC13598.jpg

I was slightly concerned about the wider neck, but this instrument still feels like a ukulele, rather than a classical guitar.

Additional points for the signature appointments on this ukulele.

Headstock.jpg

The label designates this as number 18 of just 20 Zedro sopranos. With Worth Browns, just as she came, this instrument really sings. I have never used Worth strings before, but I may now be a convert.

Label.jpg

In short, if you're at all interested in these ukes, get one. They won't be around all that much longer. 20 sopranos, 40 concerts, and 40 tenors being made. There'll be another model nearer Christmas, but we won't see these again.

I look forward to sharing sound samples soon.

It looks great. That zebra wood really stands out. I don't have a cedar top but that's my plan for my next Uke
Cliff

Hmmm ...may just have to stroll up there tomorrow ...ooooer ...later today arf ....and have a looksee and a little pluck .......and I need a new music stand as well.....

Cheers Casey

CJ

wow, this thing is beautiful! congrats!

Hmmm ...may just have to stroll up there tomorrow ...ooooer ...later today arf ....and have a looksee and a little pluck .......and I need a new music stand as well.....

Cheers Casey

CJ

I went ....I Lookseed ..........I plucked .....and now I sit at home typing this load of old toot.....hmmmmmmm :D

What I should be doing is strumming Zedro No 11....reading off my new music stand....with a cup of ...Mug of Tea...

See Ya, Cheers.

... and then there were three! Zedro I #9 is right here with me safe and sound :)

Now 17 to find and we can start the Soprano Zedro Vigetet :)

Top Bottom