Victoria Concert-sized Guitar 1915

zac987

Reaction score
$500 + shipping

I would consider trading this for a quality vintage banjo (5-string or tenor) or a Deering Goodtime banjo with a resonator and dark coloring (not the blonde on blonde one).

I got this from Vintage Blues Guitars, and I discovered the whole vintage instrument deal really isn't my thing.

This particular guitar has a birch body, ladder-braced spruce top, poplar ? neck, ebonized fingerboard, with beautiful and unusual black and red herringbone inlay around the body and sound hole.
This 'concert', a bit larger than parlor, sized guitars measures 13" across the lower bout, and sports a 24 1/4" scale length. The neck measures about 1 13/16" across at the nut.
The guitar is very solid and crack-free. A few of the back braces were reglued with hot hide glue, two carbon fiber rods were inlaid under the fingerboard, the neck was reset to the proper angle, and frets were leveled and dressed. The action is set at a very comfortable 6/64".
With good action and a straight neck the guitar is a pleasure to play, and produces a bright and loud for its size tone, excellent for country blues or old time music. Comes with an older soft case.

zacguitar1.jpg
zacguitar2.jpg
zacguitar3.jpg

Top Bottom