Blatant, unsolicited, sales threads

Hopefully his vacation won't be too long.
How many "vacations" does one get around here before it becomes permanent?

Seems there are some people who like to go off on others with an attitude of, "Go ahead and temp ban me again, I know I'm breaking the rules by being a jerk, but at least I got my say." Then they wear it like it's some kind of badge of honor. :rolleyes:

Opening a nebulous thread where you have to be one of those special people "in the know" to even understand what the hell it's about isn't exactly in very good taste. Kind of reminds me of those junior high or high school clubby type kid things or office politics type crap. Granted I didn't have to read it but to see OP making a thread in poor judgment then lashing out at other people for the results isn't exactly a high point here.

How many "vacations" does one get around here before it becomes permanent?

Seems there are some people who like to go off on others with an attitude of, "Go ahead and temp ban me again, I know I'm breaking the rules by being a jerk, but at least I got my say." Then they wear it like it's some kind of badge of honor. :rolleyes:

What...?

Never...? How awful....gosh ...:rolleyes:

It's probably a sort of embarrassed self deprecating Irony.....

Opening a nebulous thread where you have to be one of those special people "in the know" to even understand what the hell it's about isn't exactly in very good taste. Kind of reminds me of those junior high or high school clubby type kid things or office politics type crap. Granted I didn't have to read it but to see OP making a thread in poor judgment then lashing out at other people for the results isn't exactly a high point here.

Oh come on on BNol...this whole site operates on the clubby type etc.....No Offence Intended....you are doing it yourself by stating that in your opinion the OP's judgement is poor...
there are posters on here who state that because of their preference and purchasing power my personal Ukulele is poor........

if he had come straight out and nailed the person he was accusing he would have been wrong ...trying to be subtle he was wrong ....you don't seem to be able to win ....:D

What...?

Never...? How awful....gosh ...:rolleyes:

It's probably a sort of embarrassed self deprecating Irony.....
So, you're coming out of the woodwork to admit you're one of them? Because I seem to recall you're had at least one vacation for exactly what I described.

Anyone want to buy one of my Ukes? It's pretty sweet. I'll sell it for what ever price you want to pay.

So, you're coming out of the woodwork to admit you're one of them? Because I seem to recall you're had at least one vacation for exactly what I described.

Oh yes , dear ..person (sorry there is no gender indication in your avatar so lets keep it neutral)..I have no problem with speaking my mind...

Woodwork? ...I was never hidden in it ...I am always up front ....honest..and prepared to be counted ....and picked off ....ah me...

ASBO we call it in Dear Old Blighty ...and a sense of humour ....................................................

:troll: DON'T FALL FOR IT CEEJAY!

CeeJay, I just have one question for you, if you would be so kind: What do you think of Taimane?

I do not know of whom you speak ? ....I probably won't like ....but I don't like me either . Give us a clue ..
CeeJay ..

I'm done with this thread. I have neither the time nor inclination to attempt to explain my meaning to someone who is so hell-bent on misinterpreting my comments in such a way that they can claim offense. This is trolling at it's worst, and is clearly designed to provoke me into saying something which will get me banned. I really struggle to think down to the level of childishness that this behaviour indicates.

Pretty much explains everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup! Makes ya think twice about how you're going to say, what you're going to say, when Posting a new thread, or replying to one. :rolleyes: Often ends up being entertaining, but sometimes at someone's expense. Regardless of the issue at hand, people just hate to get "busted on."

You know the concept, "I've got some good news and I've got some bad news." "What's the good news?" "I made my point!" "What's the bad news?" I made my point."

Last edited:
Yup! Makes ya think twice about how you're going to say, what you're going to say, when Posting a new thread, or replying to one. :rolleyes: Often ends up being entertaining, but sometimes at someone's expense. Regardless of the issue at hand, people just hate to get "busted on."

You know the concept, "I've got some good news and I've got some bad news." "What's the good news?" "I made my point!" "What's the bad news?" I made my point."

Something similar happenned to me when I first started here on UU . I imagine it was entertaining for some , but I had steam coming out my ears for a few days.

Less steam if you use the ignore feature. I put BK on ignore a while back...

CeeJay, I just have one question for you, if you would be so kind: What do you think of Taimane?

Watched a couple or three of her vids the lass is very skilled , very confident , very tuneful and musical.

Probably appeals more to the newer generation of Ukelele players ,than me.

The more modern players seem to have a liking for the larger variant Tenor size uke....she plays it extremely well ....but in me is a little Mischief Imp that can't help thinking ...if you are going to play like that , then why not get a guitar.....the answer would possibly be because that style is an extension of the Ukelele's abilities and potential....But I am more Smeck strummy pick and Formby strum style smitten for Ukelele and prefer the Soprano and Banjouke and the trad uke of my youth .....but she can play the guitar style superbly.....
CJ

in the words of the great Ron Burgundy "Boy, that escalated quickly". Good reading.

Top Bottom