Anyone use a Digitech RP360?

Inksplosive AL

Reaction score
My computer sees it and I can access the pedal with Nexus software but I cant seem to get anything to reaper to try to record anything. streaming USB is supposed to "just work" with standard windows drivers.

Not so for me yet.
~AL~

And how does it sound? I had a programmable effects pedal years ago and it was a noisy thing. I assume the RP360 is pretty quiet?

Last edited:
Very quiet through the headphones and USB once I shielded the jack compartment of the Risa stick.

The setting seem to have changed I rebooted the computer and had to mess with the settings to hear it again. I have to play a bit more and get it to where it was the first night where I was able to adjust the level in my windows mixer and play along to youtube videos. Then to progress to a point I'll actually record something.

I will add I am becoming aware it never just works after a reboot or unplugging it. I'm trying to figure out a workaround or whats going on even.

Will reply with any results.

I should add I'm using Win 7 Home Premium 64 with sound on the motherboard.

Well the workaround seems to be after I unplug it I have to go into the settings and under record/properties I have to set the listen to this device through the rp360 and back through the default. I then can hear the Risa through my computer headset without anything else running.

Off to check what the steps are to then be able to hear youtube as well, I lose the computer sounds altogether. I was getting into playing with making my own presets tonight but got discouraged after not picking it up for a few days now the new 5 foot cord pops. The 90 degree end that plugs into the instrument has been sitting on the RP360 all this time so there's no excuse for the connection to suddenly pop.

Back to Guitar Center hopefully the store guarantee is still active I don't want another lifetime cord if its lifetime is a week or two unused, uncoiled, untouched.

~peace~

Last edited:
Computers can be a pain. That is why I have gone back to recording on the the 4 track cassette recorder. If I follow the manual, it seems to work every time, and no reboots.

It looks like it is one of those everyone can post and try to help each other no real help free for all forums. My long detailed letter to support got my a reply asking if I installed the nexus software to install the driver. The RP360 uses standard Windows drivers Nexus installs no drivers for RP360 users I guess I have a line to better info than support so I gave up there.

I stopped messing around the other night as my week old 5' cord started popping at the uke end for no reason.

Likely something to do with my motherboard and the USB. It does something weird where I cant leave my headset plugged into the back USB ports or windows will not shut down. Its just over a year old now and I'm still kinds new to win 7 so I'm still working out the bugs.

Been thinking of returning it and picking up the Zoom G3 I was first looking at. You can only chain one effect from each category. It states you can only chain one type of effect so you cant chain two compressors. It didn't mention the pitch shifters, flangers, chorus are all under the same category so you cant chain two together.

I need to spend some time with it and play with the settings.

~peace~

Turns out after using an xp system and reading more I was using it wrong. I don't want to hear it through the computer I want to hear the computer through it! It becoming the sound card is how it can record latency free.

Much more impressed after a few months.

~AL~

Please Help

Could you please tell how did u get it into Reaper?
I am using Cubase but Drivers not showing, how did you make it available in your DAW?

Well with XP I had to install the nexus editor to install a driver with win 7 there is no driver needed.

When you plug it into the computer as long at the computer sees it you then might need to set it as your active sound card in your sound settings. When recording to computer the monitors or headphones are still plugged into the RP360 the computer speakers are silent.

My issue was trying to hear it through the computers speakers which defeats the purpose of the RP360 latency free recording.

This is how I understand it to be.

Top Bottom