Street Fighter IV

I totally broke down and bought the game today, didnt really want to spend 69$ on SF, but Ive just been thinking about it all week :/

I suck, and I can hardly beat Seth on Medium. (I think I got REAL lucky the one time I DID beat him. The other times he was beaten wasnt by me)

:raises hand:

i think HDR is way more fun... ive tried n tried to like the game cuz of the praises and positive remarks it got, but i dunno man, just didnt like it.

if anyone is up for hdr matches, hit me up! :D

HDR is a way more fun game, but I don't think the scene for it will extend past XBL/PSN.

SFIV being so new, on the other hand, will bring us awesome scenery such as Justin Wong vs. Daigo Umehara: THE REMATCH!

http://www.kineda.com/photos/gear/gamestop6.jpg

HDR is a way more fun game, but I don't think the scene for it will extend past XBL/PSN.

SFIV being so new, on the other hand, will bring us awesome scenery such as Justin Wong vs. Daigo Umehara: THE REMATCH!

http://www.kineda.com/photos/gear/gamestop6.jpg

the best was awaken that night man... geez, dont get me wrong, i respect both of them very highly but by watching the match, his ryu was no contest :eek:

dude i wanna play you guys...i dont have live though...XBL players right? i just got my madcatz Joystick couple weeks ago...and fixed up and replaced the crappy parts with sanwa's yesterday...AMAZING FEEL to it...i really need to give it a test run through XBL...soo whats your guy's characters...mine is AKUMA!!! KEN!!!! and THE AMAZING EL FUERTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha el fuerte is the funnest character there

Be prepared for the fight of the century!

twitter said:
Aldrine: Played sf4 this morning. Haven't played in forever. Someone gave me a nice review. People are getting nicer on XBL
Lee: lies. All I play are Flowchart Kens so they're all frustrated when I destroy them with Rufus. Hahah
A: we're gonna have to settle this sooner or later. My flowchart Ken would rock Rufus' world
L: Well, guess I'll have to practice. I'll be ready. Gotta keep these youngbloods in check. =D

Date: TBD
Aldrine vs. misterlee! Awesomeness will occur. It will be a fight for the ages! :rock:

Aldrine vs. misterlee: MATCH OF THE CENTURY!

Hahah what an awesome match. It was definitely a match for the ages! Aldrine squeaked out the win, winning the first-to-ten set by a score of 10-9. Aldrine roared back from a 9-5 deficit and claimed the win!

I made the mistake of recording what appeared to be warmups for both of us and then my camera's battery died. So no actual "match" footage got captured. hahah but the warmups will be posted online for the heck of it. I just gotta charge my battery and upload them to YouTube.

Hahah what an awesome match. It was definitely a match for the ages! Aldrine squeaked out the win, winning the first-to-ten set by a score of 10-9. Aldrine roared back from a 9-5 deficit and claimed the win!

I made the mistake of recording what appeared to be warmups for both of us and then my camera's battery died. So no actual "match" footage got captured. hahah but the warmups will be posted online for the heck of it. I just gotta charge my battery and upload them to YouTube.

Good games man. I still suck with the stick so forgive me for not giving you some good matches on those "warm ups"

In the end I guess my scrubby Ken defended his scrub honor haha. Backflip hadouken and unnecessary ultras ftw

anyone got this on ps3 thats down for some matches?
my psn is skytopDUNKS_1. i'll be on lates fosho.

I haven't even touched my copy of SF4 in the longest time. I'm just waiting for MvC2.

ukulele2544, I think you're talking about the Tournament Edition update. There's nothing drastically different about it.

ukulele2544, I think you're talking about the Tournament Edition update. There's nothing drastically different about it.

Championship Update.

A RANKING LADDER. A completely new point system. Displaying of disconnect percentages. The ability to save replays of matches (on 360 version).

You're right. Nothing DRASTICALLY different.

Ryan. Saw your twitter post. Don't question getting the TE Fightstick. BUY the TE Fightstick. Ain't no anchor tied to your butt, just do it!

Ryan. Saw your twitter post. Don't question getting the TE Fightstick. BUY the TE Fightstick. Ain't no anchor tied to your butt, just do it!

Haha. I've been playing with the regular 360 controller this whole time. Kind of difficult to win tournaments at G2 now. Only won a handful so far, mostly win 1 or 2 then lose.

I don't play Championship mode anymore. If not strictly offline against friends, I've only been playing online in Player Matches against dudes from SRK. Tired of Flowchart Kens in my G2 championships. Stuff is getting ridiculous.

Hahah Ryan you bought it. Welcome to the world of joystick. We've been expecting you.

I fully expect to be L337 now after buying it. It's the only thing that was holding me back you know? lol:biglaugh:

Seriously how long does it take to get used to playing on a joystick? 1 month? 2 months?

Depends on how long you practice at it. Me? I grew up in the arcades, so the joystick-to-pad transition took me a helluva long time back in SNES days. Months upon months. When I got enough money to start using sticks again (heavy arcade frequenting with MvC2 coming out, and me being able to drive to arcades, etc.) I haven't bothered with pads. That was ...close to 10-12 years ago?

My advice? If you haven't used Japanese sticks before, you're in for some stuff. The motions are tighter and can come out faster than the american sticks. Learn to love your diagonals and get used to them. Your motions are going to be VERY sloppy unless you commit the diagonals of your stick to muscle memory. Heck, go into the training mode thing and see if you can do the special moves/combos with it. If you can do them there 75-80% of the time, then I think you'll be set.

You just have to practice with it. 6 Ps, my man. Proper Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Dammit Ryan, why aren't you following me on twitter? I've been responding to you and you probably haven't seen anything I've written. hahaha

Anyway, if you say you're becoming addicted to Street Fighter, you need to hop on over to SRK.

Top Bottom