Lethbridge Ukulele Appreciation Night!

mctrmt

Reaction score
Hey all,

My friend Becky is going to organize a Ukulele Appreciation Night for sometime in October- she did one three years ago and thinks it is high time for another. I agree, so I am helping to organize it.

It's all somewhat nebulous right now, but it will be held at Owl Acoustic Lounge, and in addition to "featured" performers on stage there I hope there will be some kind of jam for everyone who wants to participate (and who may not want to get up on stage).

Here is a link to the facebook group that was started up for the previous event.

So, if you are a Lethbian or live in the "Lethbridge area", maybe join the facebook group to keep in the loop. As details are firmed up I will post updates to this thread.

It's looking like December for this one, and there is a possibility that if the pre-show jam goes well it can be a monthly event at the Owl!

There's been a bit of confusion when talking to people about the "jam" aspect of it- it seems like around here a jam is more like an open mic stage type of thing, but to clarify- there are going to be NO MICS in this jam! No mics, no stage; just as many ukulele players as show up, sitting around and playing songs in a big group. I am collecting a bunch of 2 chord songs to start with.

More details later.

Well, crossed wires and dropped balls have resulted in the appreciation night being pushed back to April, but yesterday Lethbridge had our first ukulele jam at Casa, the community arts centre. We had about 13 people show up, some of whom I had never met before! We sounded great.

We'll be meeting again at the arts centre a Sunday in January, and hopefully once a month until the end of time.

Top Bottom