Hello from Bethlehem, PA (Home of Musikfest)

flyer

Reaction score
Hello, this has to be the most impressive Ukulele site I have ever seen!

I am a novice Uke player but have played guitar (with fair results) for several years. Visited Hawaii in 2005 and was very impressed with the Ukulele. Bought a concert Oscar Schmidt and a Fluke, however, they have not had much use until earlier this month.

I find I can play basic chords well, but the real surprise was how well I could sing along with the uke as compared to the guitar. Maybe having only 4 strings is the reason, but I prefer to think it is the Hawaiian gods watching over and influencing me :)

Have been playing around with different strumming patterns and want to be able to dress up the simple chord progressions I am using now...this site seems to fill the bill to the max. Thanks to all who make it possible. Looking forward to learning from you all!

flyer

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. My oldest son and family live in Tamaqua and his sister-in-law in Bethlehem. I found that learning some Formby style strums has enabled me to "dress up" other styles as well.

Welcome from next door in WV.

Hey! I'm from Easton. There's a few groups around here, let me know and I can point you into different directions to play with other uke people.

Aloha and welcome to UU. Glad you joined us.

Don't forget to check out the main UU site. Lots of great free vids there

Enjoy and keep us posted

Flyer,

Back in the '70s (ahem, 1970s) I lived on Catasauqua Road. My family is from the Wilkes-Barre area. Welcome aboard.

Bill

I played at musikfest once on the jazz stage! Great town and welcome!

Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcome, nice to see how many of you are familiar with Bethlehem, it is a very nice town :)

CoLmes, I will be in touch, I'd very much be interested in joining up with a uke group in my area. Please let me know how to contact them.

Best regards,

Flyer

Top Bottom