::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the UU thread has degenerated into posturing and name-calling, and The Gear Page thread has advocates for stealing the loaner guitar and beating the crap out of the builder.

And now some baby carrot guy has jumped in on The Gear Page.... at least he's honest about his endowment.

I took my present for Aldrine to the UPS store at the hotel. They said it would cost $75 plus some other charge. I asked if he was kidding. He finally told me it could be shipped USPS for $25. Guess which service I used?

Yes, USPS is still the best deal! It was two large flat-rate priority mail boxes and one medium. I was just commenting on the fact that a few years ago I could have delivered them in person for not much more. Of course, now we have to pay for luggage, too! That large box at $17.90 is still cheaper than $25 for a checked bag (or $50 for having it be too heavy).

I liked the movie though! I liked the way it was shot - Nanilei says it was supposed to be very similar to the play. I think I would have enjoyed that play.

I saw the play, and loved it! I have always been a big Four Seasons fan....

Yep, the UU thread has degenerated into posturing and name-calling, and The Gear Page thread has advocates for stealing the loaner guitar and beating the crap out of the builder.

That "loaner guitar" is an amazing, innovative instrument. It's the prototype for his flying buttress bracing and uses quite a bit of carbon fiber so he could make the top bracing thinner and smaller. Daniel Ho said the response was like "noting [he'd] ever experienced before and the sustain is ridiculous." He also mentioned that the range of the guitar was incredible (I'm guessing he meant the lows to the highs). That guitar also features the cantilevered fret board. It sounds incredible. The only thing I've heard comparable was a 12K Collings at Gryphon.

There are some real a-holes on that RT thread.

Stan kind of blasted them for printing "facts" based on opinion and now they're trolling Stan. Stan's right. Much like NewportRich and Rick, only the OP and Rick really know what's been going on between the two.

When I talked with Joe Souza about thread stuff, he said this is the exact reason he only lurks. People come out of the woodwork with seemingly legitimate gripes but what you don't know is that they keep changing the build, or asking for things that can't be done, or aren't happy with choices they made and have been finished already but they want it changed again. I feel bad for builders. They really can be ripped apart on threads especially if they already put a target on their backs like Rick has done.

The gearpage thread is ridiculous.

Good to see you here! You've been missed.

Tell me....are there any TBUS meet-ups in mid-February?

http://www.meetup.com/tampabayukes/

at least 2 jams and an open mic every month and I know of at least 4 mini concert/workshops in the fixrsr quarter of '15 including lil' rev, Sara and Craig, and Manitoba Hal...

all events subject to change...

http://www.meetup.com/tampabayukes/

at least 2 jams and an open mic every month and I know of at least 4 mini concert/workshops in the fixrsr quarter of '15 including lil' rev, Sara and Craig, and Manitoba Hal...

all events subject to change...

Thanks, JT. I'm not sure how I could get away, but my wife and I will be in the area then. It doesn't hurt to check into it....

I liked the movie though! I liked the way it was shot - Nanilei says it was supposed to be very similar to the play. I think I would have enjoyed that play.

Saw the musical with the touring company in KC last year. Haven't seen the movie. Great show.

Oh PA-LEESE!! I cared enough about all of the pohos to continue to check in on them and make sure they were doing well! AND got my paper done in time! :p :D

Got another paper due tonight . . . Well, see if I can beat the clock tonight . . .

Jon's in his first term. He's still earnestly shining on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom