Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a You Tube video?

Default Make a You Tube video?

I recentely played for a new friend of mine....she said she thinks I'm good enough to post my own You Tube video. I've been watching them for years, but I have no idea how I would go about making one. Any tips gang?
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

lets start with equipment. do you have a webcam and a microphone? Windows or Mac or linux? I am asking these just to find out how to help you most, not to confuse you.
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddyJesusSmokes
    http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/ohmless
    Ukulele start date: November 1st, 2013
    Cordoba 15CM concert uke

I record on my smartphone and upload directly to YouTube. It is the least complicated method I have found.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    I record on my smartphone and upload directly to YouTube. It is the least complicated method I have found.
    I'm not good enough, and I record with a handheld video recorder, a Zoom Q3HD that I bought used. Very uncomplicated, I can do some basic editing, then upload directly to the net. The audio is pretty good, the video just ok. nothing wrong with using what you have and upgrading when you can. A better mic than your smartphone has [depending] probably would give a lot better quality .
    there is no substitute for LOVE

Another uncomplicated method: record (and edit, if you want to) on Youtube itself.

Just sign in to Youtube, hit the Upload button in the top right corner, when select Webcam Capture to record yourself right on your laptop or web camera (no separate camera necessary).

oh and btw, it is something you can learn along the way so just go for it!
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddyJesusSmokes
    http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/ohmless
    Ukulele start date: November 1st, 2013
    Cordoba 15CM concert uke

There is a lot, and I mean a whole helluva LOT of garbage on Youtube. If you can tune your instrument properly you're already more talented than about a third of the people posting videos of themselves allegedly playing music. In all fairness though, some of the garbage alleging to be music is crap I've posted...

When I first decided to start doing videos, I started my Youtube channel with the idea of tracking any improvements in my playing. For my first 8 months or so of doing Youtube videos I didn't have any way to record video. So, I recorded the music on my computer and made little slide shows on the Movie Maker program and added some funny commentary for the benefit of my daughter, who is my #1 fan in spite of the fact that she has near perfect hearing... Now I just upload videos I make on my Android.

Incidentally, you can make any or all of your videos private. Honestly though, Youtube has so many people people posting ukulele videos that unless you're either simply amazing or absolutely awful you aren't going to see much traffic for a while, and the vast majority of your posts will just get lost in all the others.

I had the same experiences as Destroyer. I put up a tutorial and it had over 13k views before I took it down. So, viewers do enjoy tutorials, I can see. I, too, tracked my personal progress with videos for a while.

I agree with D that it's odd but true: People are so hasty to put up videos, they may not even tune up, let alone learn the song thoroughly. UU members are incessant tuners, so wouldn't be them. But I do see many that practice a tune for what must be a couple hours and then toss the thing up there.

I'm a perfectionist at heart. I've been playing Up, Up,Up by O Positive from Uke4ias tabs for a year now. Maybe, just maybe, I'm ready to record it on video for him to enjoy. Lol.

Ahhhh! I never thought of making a singing/playing vid on my phone/ipod device.

Thanks for the reminder!!

Now just to screw up that final scrap of courage to record the song I have in mind and then put it out there.
    Want that one! And that one! Oh and that one too!

Lol I'm one who may not tune before recording. I figure its not that serious. It's just YouTube.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Thread Information