Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yawning...

Default Yawning...

Hey everyone, I've been singing more and more lately, but from some odd reason, everytime I sing, I just start yawning in the middle of a song, and I do it 2-3 times every song I sing, It's quite annoying, and I can't figure out what is making it happen.. I'm not tired or anything... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mitch

I had a similar problem, except mine was minor cough. Fixed it by being conscious of my breathing, taking deeper breaths, and keeping my posture more straight. I usually play while sitting, so slouching was easy to do. It comes back now and then to remind me of the details...
    Harold O.

www.HOPublishing.com
    www.WestHillsWood.com
    Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.

I'm no expert, but I'm inclined to agree with Harold.

Yawning (so I've heard) is sometimes due to a lack of oxygen. So it's probably a breathing thing.

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

Yawning also is a mechanism designed to cool our brains actually too. Btw this happens to me also ALL the time! I know this might sound weird but it works for me: try not to open yur mouth AS wide. If you do, yur brain might think you already have yawned and you know how yawns are contagious? Same goes when you are alone.
    When life's got you down,
    and you don't hear a sound,
    you feel short and small in a world loud and tall,
    drowned in stress, and its a big mess,
    pick up your uke and play.

Quote Originally Posted by therimidalv View Post
    Yawning also is a mechanism designed to cool our brains actually too. Btw this happens to me also ALL the time! I know this might sound weird but it works for me: try not to open yur mouth AS wide. If you do, yur brain might think you already have yawned and you know how yawns are contagious? Same goes when you are alone.
    I actually just yawned seeing this thread! They ARE contagious!

I've read that yawning can be a response to adrenaline. Sportsmen often get it just before a race.

Ukantor.

I think it can sometimes be anxiety related,maybe because of quicker shallow breathing.

It's also a sign of motion sickness. (A tip I picked up from one of my old flight instructors. When a student started yawning, he'd know it was time to crack open the air vent and call off stall practice. )

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

From what I undersand yawning after or durring singing is a sign that you are signing correctly as your embouchure is "dropping" so to speak (losening up). Embouchure is essentially your mouth and jaw. If you are constantly yawning though.... Thats a lack of breath. But yeah several reasons your body yawns
    -Andy

YouTube|Twitter|E-Mail|The Blog|Facebook
    They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

wow as soon as i clicked the thread and read your question, i yawned 0_o and i've already yawned about 3 times just now

yawning is also contagious over the internet. amazing 0_o

Thread Information