Collings UC2 - $1,400 Shipped CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I bought this Collings UC2 to see if Collings are really "all that" given the many glowing reviews I've seen. I had played a UC1 and a UT1 and frankly wasn't that impressed. The UC2 is altogether different and proved to me that Collings really are "all that." Alas, I'm constrained to two ukes at the moment so this will eventually have to be replaced with another Collings.

This UC2 uke was manufactured in 2009 by its original owner (I have the blank warranty card) but it rarely saw play as they were primarily a guitar player. I confirmed with Collings there has been ZERO change in their manufacturing other than the strings they spec when new. No matter, I've strung this with Living Waters and it sounds fantastic. The mahogany is absolutely gorgeous and has a 3D-like depth to it.

There are two very tiny dings in the top. They are not deep and are impossible to photograph. The larger of the two is about 3mm x 2.5mm. The other is half that. They are only discernible when the light is just right. As with the other five ukes I've re-homed here, I guarantee if you're not happy with it you can return it to me and I'll refund all but $25 -- half the shipping fee.

Retail on a new UC2 is $2,400 with street price around $1,900-$2,200. I'm offer this fine uke with Collings case shipped CONUS for $1,325 (paid by check or Paypal if you cover fees). Email me at eddiemonnier at me dot com or via PM.

View attachment 70131View attachment 70130View attachment 70132

Top Wood: Figured Mahogany

Back Wood: Figured Mahogany

Scale: 15"

Nut Width: 1 3/8"

Frets To Body: 12

High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish

Narrow 18% nickel-silver fretwire

Mortise and tenon neck joint

Neck Wood: Mahogany

Fretboard: Rosewood 12" Fingerboard radius

Bridge: Rosewood

Headstock Shape: Solid Haircut

Headstock Overlay: Rosewood

Headstock Inlay: Ivoroid Collings Logo

Tuners: Geared Tuning Pegs by Pegheds

Inlays: Ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays

Rosette: Tortoise and wood nitrite strip rosette

Purfling: Black/White

Body Binding: Tortoise

Backstrip: none

Pickguard: none

Nut Material: Bone

Saddle Material: Bone

Neck Profile: "C" shape neck

Body Depth: 2 13/16"

Lower Bout Width: 7 1/2"

Pickup(s): none

Case: Hardshell Case Included

Last edited:
holy cow, that's beautiful! I gotta make more money!

Thanks, @Nickie. It really is beautiful and the tortoise shell binding is very classy.

I succumbed to @coolcow's UC3M so this is definitely being re-homed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom