Paracord Ukulele Hangers

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thought this was something of a throwaway review but cannot actually believe how many page reads this one has had today

Seems everyone likes the idea of hanging their ukes!

One comment that I have had on more than one occasion is similar to that I get when I review simple things like straps. Someone always chips in to say 'for a few cents I will make my own'. Sure, no law against that, but really, the guy who makes these is the one who designed it, made it, marketed it and I for one wish him all the very best

See for yourself.

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2014/08/ukulele-hangers-review.html?spref=fb

I got one of these hangers. It's eminently functional and cost crumb-pence, so barely worth even trying make myself.

Great product...I'll definitely buy more.

That was my view Daktari - I really admire those who make something simple and then sell them for next to nothing and not pretending its the next BIG thing.

Reason enough for me to recommend them I thought!

I went to the web-site and the guy actually shows you how to make them in an instructional video, after i tried for myself (that's just me, i have to figure it out for myself or it'll drive me crazy) and then i went and bought a handfull of them from uke-hangers. They are great quality, i use them all the time and honestly if you have to buy a roll of parachord and your gas and everything there is no way you can make two or three for the same price as he sells them...

Big respect for this business, i hope he sells a million of them...

That was my view Daktari - I really admire those who make something simple and then sell them for next to nothing and not pretending its the next BIG thing.

Reason enough for me to recommend them I thought!

Totally agree.
I got my a couple of months ago and I think it was from a link on gotauke...:)

More power to the hanger man!

I like paracord for lots of things, but I think I'd rather stick to the more expensive, traditional Ukulele wall hanging brackets. Reasons: (1) The traditional brackets hold the Uke away from the wall, so there is no issue of the back of the Uke coming into contact; (2) With the traditional bracket, you just put the Uke on, and lift it off, the bracket stays on the wall. With the paracord you'd want to lift the whole thing off the wall, then take the cord off the Uke, and would have to reverse that process to hang the Uke back up. More fiddling around means more chance of an accident; (3) I'm finished playing right now, so where did I put that darned paracord thingy? Oh gosh, it was still on my Uke when I got to the church, I think I took it off and set it on top of the piano!

I have made several ukulele hangers out of paracord. I use them to hang up the toy ukes that I let my nieces and nephew play with. I don't bother taking off the hanger when I take it off the wall. Or if I working out a song and going to be playing frequently, I will hang up a better instrument, to have it within reach. You do have to be careful taking the instruments on and off the wall.

I didn't know this existed until just now. I have a few miles of paracord I use for many projects, it is brilliant and I love that it doesn't get in the way. I have no wall space so I don't hang any ukes here. Thanks for sharing.

Didn't know this thread came back to life!

I still use my hangers - in answer to some of the comments

1) when hanging, yes the back of the uke naturally touches the wall - not been biggie for me as they are held still and just rest there
2) - I leave the hanger loop on the ukes permanently - doesnt get in the way of playing in any way and is light as a feather
3) no drilling big hanger hooks! Just a nail or a picture hook will suffice.

Go spam! (when his post is removed this comment will look out of place) hehe

Funny I tied 6 of these the other night for a set of ukuleles I gifted. Even figured out that by leaving out the middle loop I really lose nothing and gain a few more hangers.

~AL~

Great idea. With the tuners handling all the weight, granted Ukes are light, does it cause tension issues, either on the tuners or the headstock?

Also, as the hangers can stay on, can they be used with a strap, having one end of the strap on the hanger and the other one on the bottom pin?

Never seen an issue myself, and Martin make these for guitars out of leather from memory.

Top Bottom