::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

New oven is coming today. Yay! The one we have died a little over a week ago. We hated that thing, so no real loss. Having to spend money right now hurts though. We were just to the point of recovering from the expenses of my illness and building back savings. Le sigh.

I repaired the washing machine yesterday. The necessary part is no longer in production but I was able to score an OEM part on Amazon for about double the list price. The instruction video takes a minute. I needed about ten minutes to clean up the cat food beneath the washer and do the repair. I needed to "start" the old part out with a soft mallet. Then it bayonets out like a camera lens. Reverse the process and replace the plugs. Back in business. First was load was just fine.

I feel so manly.

I repaired the washing machine yesterday. The necessary part is no longer in production but I was able to score an OEM part on Amazon for about double the list price. The instruction video takes a minute. I needed about ten minutes to clean up the cat food beneath the washer and do the repair. I needed to "start" the old part out with a soft mallet. Then it bayonets out like a camera lens. Reverse the process and replace the plugs. Back in business. First was load was just fine.

I feel so manly.

I did this a couple months ago with the faceplate on our washing machine. For whatever reason (*cough cough* cheaper cost *cough cough*) Kenmore chose to print all of the dial settings on our washer with paint/ink that pretty much just wipes off. For years we've been guessing at the settings based on the picture in the owner's manual. I finally ordered a new faceplate (way cheaper than expected) from Sears and replaced it myself, first cutting a piece of clear contact paper to cover the print on the new part so it wouldn't just wipe away. That feeling of accomplishment is hard to beat.

I feel so manly.

You now seem sexier somehow. I oddly have a thing for people who have diy repair skills.

You now seem sexier somehow. I oddly have a thing for people who have diy repair skills.

Did you read my post? I fixed something! See? I can be a fixer too!

*Cautiously flexes a bicep* *Realizes the story is going to have to rely on the fix-it theme rather than the bicep*

Sheryl just texted me - Annie is getting an award for her crazy hair from the annual Crazy Hair Day. Annie and I came up with the idea together and I created the hairdo. I think I may be in the wrong profession. She'll get her award at today's assembly at school - I'm going to go if I can get away for it. Did I already post a picture of her hair?

Sheryl just texted me - Annie is getting an award for her crazy hair from the annual Crazy Hair Day. Annie and I came up with the idea together and I created the hairdo. I think I may be in the wrong profession. She'll get her award at today's assembly at school - I'm going to go if I can get away for it. Did I already post a picture of her hair?

Yes, you did! It was very cool, and looked award-worthy to me. Conga rats to both Annie and her stylist!!

I miss helping Matt with his art projects. Science fair, not so much.

My husband is the sexiest man alive if fixing things make you sexy. He fixes EVERYTHING!! I bring home everything broken from work just to watch him be happy fixing them, even if the school has already replaced it. He is an amazing trouble shooter.

His headstone will say, “He fixed things.”

My husband is the sexiest man alive if fixing things make you sexy. He fixes EVERYTHING!! I bring home everything broken from work just to watch him be happy fixing them, even if the school has already replaced it. He is an amazing trouble shooter.

Mine might well say, "He thought it was fixed."

I’m not a fan either. I’ll have it every so often. Sometimes it’s alright. I’ll even cook it for Sean and Chris. They love it. It has a weird underlying and lingering muddy taste to me. Fresh caught too, so I know it’s not from being farmed. I’ve had it every which way. The taste definitely doesn’t come from over cooking. I’ve had it raw, seared with undercooked middle, just cooked through where it’s delicate and moist, etc.

Maybe it's like broccoli and some other veggies. We don't all taste it the same. I used to hate raw carrots for the longest time. They had a kind of metallic after taste to me. After I got my wisdom teeth removed (age 30) that taste went away. I don't know if it's coincidence or what but it's still weird.

Great. The rest of the world will think he was a Mafia solutions guy.

Sad to see you all horning in on MY sexy affirmation.

With the flowing white hair and the beard I already that you were dead sexy in a non homosexual Sean Connery way.

Not that there's anything wrong with being homosexual.

Top Bottom