::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Barbara gained my respect over the years, but Laura just seems like an entitled rich person. Did you know she killed a classmate in an auto wreck when she was young and was never charged with anything?

That happened in my grade, too. Brad flipped the car, Matt died... nothing legal ever came of it. I wonder what the standard is?

Another Sunday skipping church.

Me too. I can't get out of work-brain mode when I'm there. I'm just making notes about transcription errors, font choices, and if something goes wrong I basically die inside. I have to worship elsewhere. Spouse is willing to go to Saturday mass, so we'll do that for a while.

Cast iron is amazing especially when treated properly. I grew up with it. I avoid it now because of my wrists. Too damn heavy.
Also if you cook tomato products or fish in it the food really picks up the iron taste.

We only have one cast iron pan, the kind with the lines. It is only used for steak.

At least they thought so. The pan was clean as could be and not a problem with it. Still is great pan we love it and it was a great price. The problem is we have like a Frankenstein sort of pots and pans. Not really one that are the same so it would be nice to have a complete set.

I felt like a real grownup when we got our first nice set of stainless steel copper bottomed pans. They're by Emeril, and I love that the handles don't get hot.

I'm fighting the system, trying to buy enough of our prescription medicines to last us while we are in Florida. None of them are controlled substances. They are maintenance drugs that we will take for the rest of our lives, for things like arthritis and gout, etc.

The doctor is okay with it. The pharmacy is okay with it. The insurance companies, though, frown on refills before they are "due".

It would be faster and easier if I were trying to buy illegal opioids on the street! Why can't folks apply common sense, anymore?

Can you do the 90 day mail-order option and just forward your mail?

My paternal grandmother who passed away about 7 years ago now, used to call me and let it ring once. That was my signal to call her back because she was on a limited call account. The other day I was preparing breakfast fairly early (about the time she used to call) and the phone rang once. Without thinking I grabbed the phone and started dialing 247-9422. Her number that I haven't dialed in over 7 years. It freaked me out a little. And I also had a little tear in my eye when I realized what I had done.

Oh, sweetie. ((hugs))

I rearranged the living room, so now it's basically half living area and half my work junk. That way I can still hang out with spouse while I'm on the desktop computer. And watch tv, and look out the picture window, etc.

My desk is a big mission oak beast. So behind me I put the old 3 piece mission oak entertainment center, and I'm using it as office storage. This little area is really coming along, but it's taking quite a bit to go through every shelf, drawer, and basket. I've found 2 US flags so far, lol. I think it will be done by the end of the week. That's the idea, anyway.

Spouse is supposed to be getting the drywall seams taped and mudded throughout this week, but now he has a work trip. So hopefully on the 2 week plan and then we can sand and paint?

I really have goals for "by the holiday get-together".

I may have mentioned we're going to do a mexican food fiesta for the holiday g2g. With me gluten free, and dad & Linda honey being vegan, it seems easier than the "traditional foods".

I probably should have informed the spouse, though. He bought a turkey and a ham.

It was like 50 degrees the other day, so I took the opportunity to clean the picture window inside and out. Wow. What an enormous difference.

Now I'm realizing that I really need to either plant some arbor vitae, or stop being naked so much. I'm thinking arbor vitae.

That happened in my grade, too. Brad flipped the car, Matt died... nothing legal ever came of it. I wonder what the standard is?

Matt was driving. Phil, Mike and Dave were playing chicken. Dave moved a bit too slow got clipped by the car, snapped his neck hitting the curb. Senior class my freshman year.

It was like 50 degrees the other day, so I took the opportunity to clean the picture window inside and out. Wow. What an enormous difference.

Now I'm realizing that I really need to either plant some arbor vitae, or stop being naked so much. I'm thinking arbor vitae.

Darn it....

For whatever reason, my pharmacy didn't like that idea. It does seem like it would be easier....

Have you established a relationship with a pharmacy down there and you can just transfer your Rx's? Might be easiest if you use a chain.

Ok, guess I should go to work now. Bleh.

I have to get a secret santa gift for a coworker at some point this week. So I should do that soon or I'll forget.

I seem to be in a cycle of losing about 3 pounds during the week and then gaining it back on the weekends.

I went salt crazy last nigh. I was in a burger place and I saw everyone ordering a Cubano sandwich so I asked someone why so many Cuban sandwiches. Turns out the owners are from Cuba and added that sandwich to the menu.

It was awesome but everything I can't have. Ham, pulled pork, pickle but it was so damn good. I only ate half to ease my conscience but that other half is in my future.

Maybe just give yourself one cheat meal on the weekend.

Top Bottom