::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It was like 50 degrees the other day, so I took the opportunity to clean the picture window inside and out. Wow. What an enormous difference.

Now I'm realizing that I really need to either plant some arbor vitae, or stop being naked so much. I'm thinking arbor vitae.

Look at the Green Giant variety of arborvitae. They are essentially disease free and won't up and die on you like some other varieties. Fotinia also works well as a privacy hedge if you live in the right climate.

Have had lots of arborvitae in previous bunkers.

I seem to be in a cycle of losing about 3 pounds during the week and then gaining it back on the weekends.

Look on the bright side! You haven't lost those pounds at all, you've simply misplaced them and found them later!

... you probably found them next to the car or house keys.

I may have mentioned we're going to do a mexican food fiesta for the holiday g2g. With me gluten free, and dad & Linda honey being vegan, it seems easier than the "traditional foods".

I probably should have informed the spouse, though. He bought a turkey and a ham.

Good news!!! Turkey and ham are naturally gluten free!!!

Vegan... well that's just crazy talk right there.

Last month, at our local uke group, we played a song out of one of the Daily Ukulele books that I don't recall us playing before. It's a song I'm quite familiar with, but just hadn't played.

My plan was to go back and play it some more.

The problem is, now I can't remember what the song was....:mad:

Then nobody can tell you that you are playing the wrong chords.

It's funny to watch flocks/families of Mallards walking in the snow. They walk for a while then plunk themselves down and sit for a while. They move in a line. When the first one decides it's time to sit, they all sit where they are. They don't bunch up and sit in a group. Must be union ducks.

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.

Do you make the bricks??

Do you make the bricks??

No. We get them through one of the local big box farm supply stores. You can order in a pallet and then take what you want.

One pallet equals about one cord of wood. Packages come in sets of six bricks. About 90 packages per pallet.

We can store about 60 packages in the bunker at a time.

I stayed home today. I wasn’t feeling well. Achy, killer headache, and my ribs hurt if I breath. I finally broke down and took one of the pain pills I had leftover from my surgery. Advil wasn’t cutting it. Now I wish I’d taken one last night. Death didn’t seem like that bad of an option last night. It’s been a few years since I’ve been that sick.

Other than that I’ve been busy. In a good way. Learning a lot at the new job. Still work my other one two days a week.

Top Bottom