::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The ground is covered with snow. Not a lot but still covered.
Nothing really bad in the forcast. Nothing really great either. Just waiting on spring?

Brrrrrrr!
Low 60's this morning.
Don't want to get out of bed.
We slept with a blanket on the bed all weekend.
Cozy!

The ground is covered with snow. Not a lot but still covered.
Nothing really bad in the forcast. Nothing really great either. Just waiting on spring?

On Friday the forecasters here were breathless about a "storm of the century" type snow event that they expected for our area. They were talking 14 inches over 3 days. Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, SnowmyGod - whatever you want to call it. Sheryl and the girls were SO excited for it.

Nothing. We got nothing. Nada. MUCH disappointment around our house. I knew it wasn't going to happen.

When I filled the pool the water temp was in the 60s. This morning it is 52°. Things are NOT going in the right direction.

Happy Birthday Mike!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bee cake.jpg
    bee cake.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 35
James plays on a rec league team with one of the kids from his club team. Most of the Asian league teams have a club kid or two on the roster. Yesterday we had a club team picture scheduled for the same time as our rec league game so we missed the first half. We came into the gym and you could hear the parent on the other side simultaneously groan.

Ben is about 5'9"
James plays solid defense

We were up by four. The coach put Ben and James in the game. Ben immediately grabbed every defensive rebound in sight and threw them down court for easy layups. James stole the other team's inbound pass three possessions in a row and just like that we were up 20pts. James and Ben pretty much watched the entire 4th quarter.

There is a pretty huge difference in skill level between club kids and rec only kids. I'm glad the coach gives the other kids lots of playing time but it sure was a lot of rushing and driving (San Jose to Hillsdale for those in the know) for 7 minutes of play.

It's pretty fun.

You get to know the parents and kids from other club teams because we see each there often during tournament season. I was talking with one of the moms and she said her son was so excited because Ben and James weren't there. She was one of the parents that groaned when our kids came in late :)

I hope Mike has a great birthday.

Stay warm my friend. Spring will be here before you know it.

Top Bottom