::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Off to pick up my boy from volleyball practice soon and then whisk him off to agility/explosiveness work out (lots of footwork drills and short sprinting with resistance).

If nothing else it's been wonderful for his confidence.

Actually his sprint times have noticeably improved as has his vertical jump so I guess it's working.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

No fog today. Highs in the eighties.

It's the last week of Summer. We're going to Fall next Monday. I hope I can get back up?

Process theology. NOT loving it. Padre, your thoughts?

Long time ago. I dimly remember liking it. Can’t say I used it much in congregation work. I wasn’t much of a theology guy generally (nor dogma guy, either). But Episcopalians are people who adjust to circumstances so I suspect a lot of process slipped into my work.

Mika literally stole all the blankets last night so when I got cold around 3:00am I had to sleep on the spare bed in James' room.

I tried to take the covers back and she ripped them back over herself. She was sleeping only partly under her own blankets and when she got cold she must have grabbed my side of the blankets (I wasn't under them because it was warm) and covered herself.

It was pretty funny. I'm going to give her much grief tonight.

I need to figure out the coffee situation here at church. I'm working out of an office here two days a week and need to set my expectations. Churches are notorious for bad coffee - this one included - but that's coffee hour stuff. I need to see if the staff is as poorly treated on the coffee front as the parishioners are on Sunday morning. At my previous church one of the members owned a small batch coffee roasting company - he created a blend just for our congregation and supplied it and somehow people still managed to screw it up (and I tasted it brewed to MY specs and it was GOOD).

At my other job I supply my own beans, roast it myself, and brew a single batch just for me. I need to see if that's going to be necessary here, too.

When I worked as a nurse, I brought my own grinder and beans to work. People would come from the other units just to get a cup of coffee. No one ever chipped in, but they certainly loved it.

Mika literally stole all the blankets last night so when I got cold around 3:00am I had to sleep on the spare bed in James' room.

I tried to take the covers back and she ripped them back over herself. She was sleeping only partly under her own blankets and when she got cold she must have grabbed my side of the blankets (I wasn't under them because it was warm) and covered herself.

It was pretty funny. I'm going to give her much grief tonight.

Sounds very familiar. I have a flannel sheet that keeps me from dying of exposure during the night.

When I worked as a nurse, I brought my own grinder and beans to work. People would come from the other units just to get a cup of coffee. No one ever chipped in, but they certainly loved it.

I have a grinder and beans at my desk here at the day job, but I'm not willing to share (hand grinder - takes a minute or so to grind enough for a single cup).

Sounds very familiar. I have a flannel sheet that keeps me from dying of exposure during the night.

Rumor has it that I may be the cover stealer in our bed, though Sheryl often throws them off anyway so it's not usually an issue. There have been a few cold mornings when I've been awakened with "Look at how much blanket I don't have. Open your eyes. LOOK AT THIS."

So much to get done at work today.
Hopefully I get it all done because tomorrow we fly to Bog Island. We are having a little getaway, coming back on Monday.

We also just found out Nanilei's mom and Nanilei's sister (and her bff girlfriend) are coming to visit from December 19-Jan 6.
We can handle her mom and sis for that length of time, but bff is kind of loud and in your face and demanding sometimes. She's great, really, but needs to learn how to relax on occasion. Like we can go get snax and sit on the beach at Waimanalo all day, then come home and watch movies and be great. She would be constantly saying things like this beach is boring, let's find better sun, let's go out in Waikiki tonight, etc. It's ok for a few days, but 18 days? We are nervous.

So we are hoping it all goes ok.

We also just found out Nanilei's mom and Nanilei's sister (and her bff girlfriend) are coming to visit from December 19-Jan 6.
We can handle her mom and sis for that length of time, but bff is kind of loud and in your face and demanding sometimes. She's great, really, but needs to learn how to relax on occasion. Like we can go get snax and sit on the beach at Waimanalo all day, then come home and watch movies and be great. She would be constantly saying things like this beach is boring, let's find better sun, let's go out in Waikiki tonight, etc. It's ok for a few days, but 18 days? We are nervous.

That would drive me nuts.

Maybe since you'll be working just plan out the weekends. "This is what we're doing . . ." and maybe give options?

Sounds like she needs her own hotel room.

Been busy working. Got my glass I ordered....seems like a lot for little product. This is about 2lbs of Glass

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom