::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Well, now that I'm caught up, what's happening here? FIL is buzzing around on the lawnmower somewhere. I believe I hear a chainsaw. Spouse is STILL working on the blind as far as I know. We have quite some acreage here and so sometimes I can hear what they're doing, sometimes not. The menfolk are often gone for hours on end. Lord knows what they are up to.

I'm planted in a bright blue reclining lawn chair, and Hugo is laying in the grass next to me, gazing attentively towards the pond. I just heard a *crack* of wood, not sure if it was from the chainsaw activity, the beaver, or that huge woodpecker.

The sun is getting low behind this scraggly pine, highlighting the yellowing bits of surrounding shrubbery that indicate the demise of summer.

Alas, green peppers need to be chopped and dishes washed (by hand) before dinner.

Finally sent my tax docs off to the accountant. That's a load off (if only for a week until the bad news hits). Ignorance is bliss.

:)

This reads like a novel. Kind of like a story I guess.

. . . and welcome back. You were missed.

The good news is that as long as it stays out of your digestive tract, (ie doesn't get in your mouth) you're fine. Touching it doesn't do anything. I might look at getting a Cambridge mask or Vog mask, though.

Not sure where they got positive I know a bunch of places were biopsied, is that even a word?

A friend of mine is a serious home brewer - he was diagnosed celiac about 3 years ago. After a brief mourning period he dove into experimenting with gluten free brewing. He's won a couple of awards now and has had a local gluten free brewery take on one of his recipes and produce it for sale in their pub and in cans to go. Check into it!

http://www.zerotolerancebrewing.com/ (my friend is one of the founders of this group - Joe Morris)

I bookmarked that and will be looking more into it. I found its tougher and more expensive to find malted gluten free grain

I bookmarked that and will be looking more into it. I found its tougher and more expensive to find malted gluten free grain

Yep - Joe mentions the expense several times in his posts. That said, I think they may even experiment with malting their own alternate grains.

I do have a respiratory mask for grinding and haven't been really mashing in which is another time dust blows up. So I got that at least

Remember, gluten isn't just in wheat. Also BARLEY (as in hops) and RYE.

:)

This reads like a novel. Kind of like a story I guess.

. . . and welcome back. You were missed.

I appreciate that. It's easy to feel like if you dropped off the edge, no one would notice or care.

I've been on and off busy with planning the you know what with you know who at you know where. With school starting back I'm working Wednesdays. And our secretary at church is out after surgery, so I'm picking up some slack there. I'm back at the gym. Things are finally getting up to the level of business that makes me feel most balanced.

I've just written to the snowmobile club. The trail that runs on the west side of the property is flooded. I want to know if they are going to build it up or just shut down that portion.

I've just written to the snowmobile club. The trail that runs on the west side of the property is flooded. I want to know if they are going to build it up or just shut down that portion.

If they build it up, that means our lake will grow. Currently, it spills over the trail and into the adjoining property. I believe that land is owned by the school district, for some reason. I should pull out the plat map.

I think I'll go into "town" tomorrow and check out the coffee shop. Town is in quotes because there's.... not much.

I think there are 3 restaurants (pizza, theoretically Mexican, steak house), a barber and a hairdresser, a coffee shop, a church, and... I think that's it? There's a private air strip, for some reason.

But this is my home, or will be, so I better come to terms with what's here and what ain't.

Top Bottom