::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

yeh yeh - I turn up and Pwhttt... All gone - typical *sniff*
Meh - just you and me Don? Late here but I figure probably EARLY there huh? Life down under keeps on keeping on.

Beautiful spring weather and all the blossom trees are out - meanwhile the kangaroos are running rampant! Came out this morning to a lot of barking and found a large bull 'roo in the back-yard and the dogs going crazy! Luckily the dogs are in a pen over night so they didn't go for it - would have been a bad idea - 'roos kill dogs all the time here.

Me - I've been slowing down and stopped operating - so I have taken up Juggling! - I'm a real wizz with 2 balls so far - kind appropriate for the family jeweller ;) Three - umm not so easy - working on it - great way of getting a sore back!

Otherwise we continue to travel a heap. MIL up at the moment and we are off on a road trip tomorrow for a week - could actually be fun despite the sound of it :D

At the moment my 'ukulele is having a break from me - need to get my head around what I want to play and how - so after 7 years of lessons I'm having some downtime (more juggling!).

Anyway - bed time here and road trip tomorrow - catch ya on the flip side ;)

My daughter did some work on my devices for me today. She installed a free trial of xm radio on my truck and on my kindle. Now I can actually listen to some decent music to and from Tampa, and while cooped up in the hospital there.

She also showed me how to clean up my home page on my Kindle, which was really annoying me. I learned that some unwanted stuff can be removed by tapping and holding, until the option appears to remove altogether. Yay!

Other unneeded stuff there can be all dumped in a folder, effectively removing them from the desktop. They are still there, but highly compacted into the folder the size of one icon. Yay!!

Things are shaping up nicely, thank you.

The remaining icons, the ones I'll keep, have been rearranged into an order I prefer. I find that all I need to do is tap and hold, drag and drop to put each icon where I wanted it. Now I have all my icons on one page, with the ones I want to use the most concentrated at the top of the page.

It's a miracle, I tell ya....

I haven't used XM so I don't know much about that. I have used Pandora. I assume they are similar?
About the Kindle, I have a fire 7" and 10" tablets, I knew about rearranging the desktop. Perhaps they call it the home screen? You can do a lot of things with these units. Probably more than either of us realize. If you are a Amazon Prime member there are a lot of options there.

We'll be visiting Mrs Pere's father today. He turns 89 tomorrow but probably won't realize it. Dementia is miserable to watch and corrosive on the family. We feel so helpless.

We'll be visiting Mrs Pere's father today. He turns 89 tomorrow but probably won't realize it. Dementia is miserable to watch and corrosive on the family. We feel so helpless.

It's the worst thing there is. Stealer of souls - or perhaps releaser of souls before the body is ready to be finished? That's the way it felt with my mom - the person she was left long before her body was ready to give up.

Last day of class complete.
He gave us 10 questions to solve today, no notes, closed book like we will have on the test.
I got 100% correct.
This weekend more studying just to be sure.
Tomorrow BIL will come over and we will review and do chart stuff together.
I totally got this!

More smiles

Good morning kids.

Now it is.

Had a terrible scare this morning. Michaels battalion had a bad accident while out in the field. 3 soldiers killed, 3 more injured. The online reports said it was a Bradley vehicle. Michaels in a tank but he has been known to drive other vehicles so of course I was a mess. Names were not being released to the media for obvious reasons. Because they are out in the field they don’t have their phones on. I called him repeatedly. They recalled his battalion back to base so he turned on his phone and called me while his tank was getting fueled up. I have never been so relieved.

Since he joined up this was the very scariest thing I have experienced. My stress level went through the roof, I could barely function this morning. My heart goes out to those 3 mothers and/or wives who are getting visited at their homes today. I can’t imagine their grief.

Good morning kids.

Now it is.

Had a terrible scare this morning. Michaels battalion had a bad accident while out in the field. 3 soldiers killed, 3 more injured. The online reports said it was a Bradley vehicle. Michaels in a tank but he has been known to drive other vehicles so of course I was a mess. Names were not being released to the media for obvious reasons. Because they are out in the field they don’t have their phones on. I called him repeatedly. They recalled his battalion back to base so he turned on his phone and called me while his tank was getting fueled up. I have never been so relieved.

Since he joined up this was the very scariest thing I have experienced. My stress level went through the roof, I could barely function this morning. My heart goes out to those 3 mothers and/or wives who are getting visited at their homes today. I can’t imagine their grief.

Bad scare, Sally! Glad Michael is okay, and had the sense to call you....

Good morning kids.

Now it is.

Wow! Glad it wasn't Michael (I'm partial to peeps with that name). But so sad for the other families. Peace to them.
How did you learn of the accident? I don't see it on my news feed. Do you have access to something special for Michael's unit?

It's the worst thing there is. Stealer of souls - or perhaps releaser of souls before the body is ready to be finished? That's the way it felt with my mom - the person she was left long before her body was ready to give up.

As a bad pastoral circumstance it is second only to the death of a child.

Because boobies:

Just spotted this whilst scrolling down my Facebook feed, "Martin Ukulele
1 hr ·
I have The Martin Ukulele - The Little instrument That Helped Create a Guitar Giant boob by Tom Walsh & John King.
They refer to Mike Longsworth's book on Martin instruments. Are they referring to the 1970's era book or the two volume Martin history and the technical book?? That was an updated version.
Anyone have these??"

Presented as a public service.

Karma must be catching up with me.

Lightbulb burnt out in entry fixture. Changed it and the circuit shorted and can't be reset. Since "electrical" in my skillset is a synonym for "quick and sizzling death" I have called an electrician. With age comes wisdom finally.

Better the money goes up in smoke than me going up in smoke.

PoHoing through my phone hotspot because that circuit carries our internet and cable. I can't even print out the $20 off coupon for the service co.

Top Bottom