::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Gary, I've gotta tell you....I feel great! My strength and stamina are improving, my appetite is back, and I haven't had any pain in weeks. I still need to build strength and gain some weight, but it's coming along.

The only side effects that I have left are a case of "drop foot" in my left foot, and neuropathy in both feet. (I told you the side effects of this treatment could be weird) I'm hoping that as I walk more these things will go away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I'm happy just to still be here. There were a couple of times when Elaine and I (and the doctors, too) were afraid I was going to die. I'm a very, very lucky man, and thankful as bell....

So good to hear this Don.

I can't tell you how happy I was when you said you were getting the T-Cell treatment. I know two people who were given weeks to live so they did the T-cell treatment and both of them, like you, had miraculous results.

Let me know which year you're making a return to UWC and I'll try to make it happen too.

Hopefully, that roller coaster ride is over now. It was a terribly stressful thing for us to go through, but we made it.

Funny you should ask about the house in NY. Elaine left this morning for her third trip up there to work on getting the house emptied. We have rented a large storage unit to house the stuff that's not being sold, donated, or thrown away. Many things are ear-marked to be given to one or another of the kids, and they'll go in storage for now, too.

The stuff left in the house, including some very nice bedroom and living room furniture, will be sold by a a professional estate sale outfit, who can advertise well and get things done in a day or two. There'll be lots of kitchen stuff left, as well.

We are not officially permanent Florida residents, yet. We'll wait until the NY house sells, first. It has been on the market, but the listing ended two days ago. We'll renew the listing in the spring. In the meantime, if our realtor finds a potential customer before then, she's welcome to sell it....

Ch. . .ch. . . ch. . . ch. . . changes

The original plan for this trip of Elaine's to NY was for her sister from Houston to come and stay with me while she was gone. I have improved so much since these plans were made that we changed them all around.

I don't need anyone here, really, except that I can't drive, yet. I have a buddy here that can take me to the store, if need be. So, instead of coming here to babysit me, Elaine's sister is flying to NY to help Elaine at the house. Then the two of them are driving Elaine's car (full of stuff, I'm sure) down here. She will then fly back to Houston from Florida.

So, as of today, I'm in bachelor mode for a week (8 days, really)....

I'm sitting here eating instant Pho soup from Costco and girding my loins to call the cable co. We are missing a bunch of channels.

I did not agree with the plan to bring Elaine's car down here this trip, but got out-voted.

We do not need her car here right now. We've done just fine using my truck since July. But, she'll need a car in NY every time she goes back to work on emptying the house. Now, she'll have to rent one each time.

Certainly that must make sense to someone, but it doesn't to me....

I think I can probably last at least eight days just on what's already in our refrigerator. I'd like to think I could eat most of it up before she returns, but I'm having my doubts....

Next week is our finals for the semester.

They don't start until 9:00am.

WTH am I supposed to do after I drop James off at 7:30?!

So good to hear this Don.

I can't tell you how happy I was when you said you were getting the T-Cell treatment. I know two people who were given weeks to live so they did the T-cell treatment and both of them, like you, had miraculous results.

Let me know which year you're making a return to UWC and I'll try to make it happen too.

If Don went to UWC again Elaine would finish the job the cancer couldn't.

If Don went to UWC again Elaine would finish the job the cancer couldn't.

Sad, but true. I have a friend up in NY that is wanting he and I to go to UWC in 2020. As much as I'd like to, it just can't happen. Just the other day she and I went a couple of rounds about this, and nothing has changed.

If I were to go to UWC, I'd end up single. Again....

Never been to Lana'i. Is it a place I should visit?
Have someone else pick up your hotel bill.
Cheapest rooms are touching $500/night now.
Not really a whole lot here. Only if you just want to say you have been here.

Elaine's not here, so I don't even need to be quiet while doing it. Heck, I could even turn on the lights, although I don't want to....

Top Bottom