::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have to report to the hospital at noon today to let a doctor snake a camera down my throat for a look-see around my stomach. What fun.

At least the prep is better than if he wanted to snake it from the other direction.

That would be a big no-no in our office. No personal cooking devices (that plug in - battery would be okay, but of course couldn't do what this does).

I guess miso butterfish would be out but I think her place is okay with devices like this. Thinking about getting one for myself. Instead of cooking during my lunch and gobbling my food before the bell rings, I could have this timed for when lunch starts.

I have to report to the hospital at noon today to let a doctor snake a camera down my throat for a look-see around my stomach. What fun.

At least the prep is better than if he wanted to snake it from the other direction.

What prompted this? Hope all goes uneventful Jon.

It's a re-look from a couple years ago. It should be entirely unremarkable.

Except that I'm nervous because a couple years ago as I was coming out of the anesthesia I had a laryngospasm - my airway closed up on its own and I couldn't breathe. It's not a serious issue - it relaxes again very quickly. But it's as scary as anything that's ever happened to me. I don't want that to happen again. I'm going to try to talk them into sedation instead of general anesthetic. The decision is up to the anesthetist. They used general last time because they were worried I'd gag under sedation and aspirate some yuck. I really don't gag - so I am going to attempt to convince the person in charge of that stuff.

Except that I'm nervous because a couple years ago as I was coming out of the anesthesia I had a laryngospasm - my airway closed up on its own and I couldn't breathe. It's not a serious issue - it relaxes again very quickly. But it's as scary as anything that's ever happened to me. I don't want that to happen again. I'm going to try to talk them into sedation instead of general anesthetic. The decision is up to the anesthetist. They used general last time because they were worried I'd gag under sedation and aspirate some yuck. I really don't gag - so I am going to attempt to convince the person in charge of that stuff.

That would freak me out too.

My voice is still a bit scratchy from the thermometer they put down my throat during my ablation procedure. Well, that and they scorched my vocal chords because they zapped so much of my heart.

So far so good though. Still in rhythm, though I must have a ton of scar tissue in my heart. That can't be good.

Just made a batch of dairy free brownies for my son's friend who is allergic to dairy.

They taste like a brownie with a bit different texture and not as rich as the ones I make.

Just made a batch of dairy free brownies for my son's friend who is allergic to dairy.

They taste like a brownie with a bit different texture and not as rich as the ones I make.

What kind of dairy is in brownies? Butter?

Top Bottom