cats or dogs

RihanaFF

Reaction score
I love both, but I am a little more partial to cats. We have a lovely part Norweigian forest cat and he is seriously the most wonderful cat. He is so calm, sweet, docile, tolerant of hugs and kisses (grunts during sometimes though, lol!) and he's so soffffttttttt I love petting him..

Last edited:
Cats for me, without any hesitation. I like other peoples' dogs, but I share my life with a stray cat who honoured me by accepting my offers of food and protection. He is extremely nervous of anything or anybody unfamiliar, but he is a great companion.

John Colter

Cats, no contest. They're content to just kick back and chill, and I've never had one start howling when I played.

I do wonder why mine swats at the strings and will bite them if I let her. Does anyone else's cat do that?

That's dead right, Jim. It is also said that when you provide for all of a dog's needs, and show it love and protection, the dog thinks you must be a god. A cat thinks it must be a god.

Cats are utterly self-centred sociopaths, but of such transparent innocence that I find them completely captivating.

John Colter

Neither, I'm allergic to cats. Plus I just don't like them. We had a dog when the kids were young because they wanted a puppy but it got old and died. I was not particularly saddened by the passing. We don't want another one. I'm not a dog hater by any means, but our lifestyle does not support having a dog to deal with.

I am definitely a dog person.

Attachments

• IMG_20140818_165531561.jpg
    IMG_20140818_165531561.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 14
'My' cat moved in about ten months ago. He had been living rough at the backs of the properties where I live. He looked poorly, had some superficial injuries, and was very unkempt. I called him 'Freddie Freeloader' because, at first, he seemed only to want hand-outs. Then he would disappear for hours on end, only coming back when he was hungry. During the cold winter nights he started to stay in with me, and now I think he lives with me full time. I'm not entirely sure, because he still lives much of his life outdoors.

He's got the best of both worlds, really. He comes indoors for food, and when it's cold, otherwise he is a totally free agent. This is Freddie, last month. He's a handsome chap:-
Freddie Freeloader - 10-02-2021.jpg

Cats! I wish our landlord would allow us to adopt one. Luckily my co-worker brings her cat to the office every once in a while.

I actually love both of them, along with other obscure pets. Cats are great because they're independent and require minimal care, since they take care of themselves and don't need to be washed or walked or anything. They're also usually not all up in your face like dogs typically are. However, I consider that both a pro and a con. Sometimes cats are too independent, and you'd rather have a dog that is all up in your face, since they're more likely to cuddle and be friendly. I feel like you can play with dogs more than you can play with cats as well, though they can be a lot more to handle sometimes. Let's put it this way, if I'm in a room and there's a dog and a cat I there, I'm playing with both of them. Now consider getting invisible fence for cats to keep them on my yard

Last edited:
I have both, and then some (two birds, Blue and Gold and an African Grey nd two mini donkeys) but since this about Cats and Dogs.

I like them in order:
1.)Kentucky, Best dog ever. Sheds a lot though
2.)Biscuit: Siamese cats are cool, super personalities and real talkers
2.1)Pangor Ban( a real close tie for second Mellow as can be. A real ratter as well, just kill them before brining them in the cat door.
3. Something
4.) Something
5> Blue dog cute as can be but has small dog complex always harrasing Kentucky and has no problem letting Kentucky know that certain areas are her territory. (and properly marked as such)

Kentucky, Biscuit, and Pang are rescues.

Attachments

• Kentucky.jpg
    Kentucky.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 7
  • pangor ban (2).jpg
    pangor ban (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Biscuit.jpg
    Biscuit.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Blue dog.jpg
    Blue dog.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 7
We now have 4 cats, they are all adopted. Here's Mrs. Hudson, an adoptee from a deceased hospice patient.
Mrs Hudson, chair perch.jpg

I love cats but, after living with them for 20-30 years my wife and I became allergic. We both grew up with cats and dogs. Now we're too old to fuss with either so we baby sit the Newfoundland next door and his 3 cats. The house stays (relatively) clean if we vacuum weekly and the kitties leave presents of half eaten vermin by the back door.
So cute!

I love cats but, after living with them for 20-30 years my wife and I became allergic. We both grew up with cats and dogs. Now we're too old to fuss with either so we baby sit the Newfoundland next door and his 3 cats. The house stays (relatively) clean if we vacuum weekly and the kitties leave presents of half eaten vermin by the back door.
So cute!

At least your kitty wards leave them at the back door. Mine comes in through the cat door with them, They have to have some wiggle (or more( left in them because they are much more fun to play with because that will be more fun for us, and he loves us so much he wants us to have the most fun possible.

See I think both are awesome… I wouldn’t trade our Maisie for a dog in a million years, but I’d like a doggie as well, Schapendoes maybe.

I think what you need to know is this.

Cats: Completely self centred, cold hearted , utterly adorable bastards. Much smarter than you, me, or him. Also really stupid.

Dogs: Thick as two short planks. Possibly thicker. Dead easy to train – if you do it right. Also dead easy to make into slobbering babies face eating snarlmachines.

Last edited:
I'm a happy owner of Cane Corso, so of course, I think, dogs are the best pets. But it has to be noted, they require special care. I was lucky to find a good Pet Pharmacy that provides me not only with necessary supplies and meds but also with detailed info about them. And there is a good blog there. Where do you buy medications for your pets? Do you order necessary supplements and fleas protection products online?

Last edited:
Cats, no contest. They're content to just kick back and chill, and I've never had one start howling when I played.

I do wonder why mine swats at the strings and will bite them if I let her. Does anyone else's cat do that?

I left a uke next to kitty on the bed and she kept hooking her teeth on the strings and making them ring out!

Top Bottom