I Don't Need No Doctor

The Ukelites

Reaction score
Hi there,

first: We DO need doctors! This is a love song, no political statement!
We recorded this song at home during the lockdown. Hope you are fine!
Special hugs to all Seasonistas!

"I Don't Need No Doctor" is an R&B song written by Nick Ashford, Valerie Simpson, and Jo Armstead. First released by Nick Ashford on Verve in August 1966. It was then picked up and recorded by Ray Charles :cool: and released in October 1966.

Wonderful! Well done. Great fun to watch and listening to.
Can I ask what kit/software you used to produce this video? (I'm in the process of learning how to do similar myself - won't ever be as good as this though!!)

Wonderful! Well done. Great fun to watch and listening to.
Can I ask what kit/software you used to produce this video? (I'm in the process of learning how to do similar myself - won't ever be as good as this though!!)

Thanks a lot!
The video was made in iMovie, for audio we used Logic Pro, an audient ID14 interface and a Sontronics Sigma ribbon microphone (our drummer recorded with Cubase, don't know which microphones he used but he only recorded on two tracks: stereo overhead and the bass drum separately).

Loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Jan

Sounding good, Ukelites!

your #1 fan on the banks of the Ohio!

Thanks a lot!
The video was made in iMovie, for audio we used Logic Pro, an audient ID14 interface and a Sontronics Sigma ribbon microphone (our drummer recorded with Cubase, don't know which microphones he used but he only recorded on two tracks: stereo overhead and the bass drum separately).

Thanks. I thought you could only do one ‘movie in movie’ overlay in iMovie?? Jeeze! This is gonna be harder to learn than I first thought!!! Once again, great job though. x

Thanks. I thought you could only do one ‘movie in movie’ overlay in iMovie?? Jeeze! This is gonna be harder to learn than I first thought!!! Once again, great job though. x

True. But you can save the first movie, import it and make the next layer, save it, import that and so on …

Very good, Ukelites!
I've always wanted to sing that well.
Today I started learning to sing harmony, instead ot just melody all the time.
Our group is called the Ladies of Uke.

Very good, Ukelites!
I've always wanted to sing that well.
Today I started learning to sing harmony, instead ot just melody all the time.
Our group is called the Ladies of Uke.

Well done Nickie! Let us know if and when you have something we can listen to. Looking forward to it. Dave

Top Bottom