::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only about three weeks.

And we have a journey to NOLA in about a week.
Grand Daughter graduating from Tulane. MHA? I've been told more than once but can't remember exactly. I think MBA, only healthcare?
She is going to work in Madison, WI.

I think this is it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Systems

Looks right. My company (and my region of the company) was Epic's first big customer. I supported users of Epic software for a couple of years. It's good stuff.

An MHA is a Master of Health(care) Administration. Like you said - kind of a healthcare-specific MBA. I have an MPA:HA - Master of Public Administration: Healthcare Administration. Like an MBA for the public sector and nonprofits, with an emphasis in healthcare.

It feels weird paying for something that I would ordinarily do on my own. Like changing oil. But it doesn't make sense to change my own oil when they do it for cheaper than I can and I don't get dirty.

This is how I felt when I started paying to have my lawn mowed. I decided that getting a couple of hours of my weekend back was worth the fee.

I never change my own oil, I hate working on cars.

Same here. I hate yardwork, too. We're finally in a place where we can hire someone to do it right and make it look really good. I've gotten too old and too busy to do stuff that doesn't bring me joy if I'm able to avoid it.

1. It's supposed to hit 103F this week already.

2. How the heck do you get kids to actually get the dishes CLEAN? They're 11 and 14, 1/3 of the dishes should not still be dirty after they washed them.

3. I actually picked up a ukulele this week, tuned, and played with it.

Re: #2, for us, the answer was to get me glasses.

No amount of scrubbing and cleaning on my part can get a Pyrex glass pan to pass my wife's inspection. I really don't know what it is she's seeing, but she insists it's still "dirty".

I don't know which of us is more aggravated with the situation....

I vividly remember my mom being HORRIFIED when her MIL (my grandma) explained that she only washed her pots on the inside, as food doesn't touch the outside.

Same here. I hate yardwork, too. We're finally in a place where we can hire someone to do it right and make it look really good. I've gotten too old and too busy to do stuff that doesn't bring me joy if I'm able to avoid it.

I still mow. It keeps me from having to vacuum.

Looks right. My company (and my region of the company) was Epic's first big customer. I supported users of Epic software for a couple of years. It's good stuff.

An MHA is a Master of Health(care) Administration. Like you said - kind of a healthcare-specific MBA. I have an MPA:HA - Master of Public Administration: Healthcare Administration. Like an MBA for the public sector and nonprofits, with an emphasis in healthcare.

My Associates is in Healthcare Administration.

I just mowed last week but it's already very chaotic looking, so I guess I'm going to make another swipe at it.

I still mow. It keeps me from having to vacuum.

As long as I maintain my role as the household critter gitter I am exempt from most household duties. I cleared out a mouse carcass last month - that's enough to get me another year in Sheryl's book.

I swear, I got a good five years out of the time I cleared the vacation house of bats. Even my a-hole ex-best-friend whose parents own the house was cowering in the corner while I was relocating the bats outside.

As long as I maintain my role as the household critter gitter I am exempt from most household duties. I cleared out a mouse carcass last month - that's enough to get me another year in Sheryl's book.

I swear, I got a good five years out of the time I cleared the vacation house of bats. Even my a-hole ex-best-friend whose parents own the house was cowering in the corner while I was relocating the bats outside.

I can see you planting a mouse carcass every now and then for the leverage.

I am also the critter eliminator.

In other news, I see our cat daily now.
He sleeps on the table or chairs in the back yard.

Many, many years ago I had a very horrible room mate, she wouldn't pay the bills despite having money, she'd whine and manipulate, she would use her feminine wiles to control poor saps that liked her, she was a real narcissist. I learned she was terribly afraid of mice. One week, after she had me at my breaking point, I went out to a pet store and bought about 6 mice and let them loose in the house (it was a very, very small house). I heard a scream about half an hour after she got home that evening. Not my finest hour, but I still get a grin out of it.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that.

Hudson brought us half a squirrel once. That was worth a lot. Oh, there was the whole squirrel he was playing with after it got blown into the back yard by the transformer it was chewing on. I mentioned the bats, of course. Our under-house raccoon left me a half a cat on the front yard one day - that was probably my most unpleasant cleanup job. I bagged it and called the county animal control. They scanned it and found there was a chip - they took care of informing the owners. I didn't have to go after the raccoon - that just wasn't going to happen. It would have left a half-a-Jon. Even the professional critter gitter refused to go after her - we just waited until she was gone with her little family and then closed up the hole she ripped in the foundation vent with a much stronger cover.

Many, many years ago I had a very horrible room mate, she wouldn't pay the bills despite having money, she'd whine and manipulate, she would use her feminine wiles to control poor saps that liked her, she was a real narcissist. I learned she was terribly afraid of mice. One week, after she had me at my breaking point, I went out to a pet store and bought about 6 mice and let them loose in the house (it was a very, very small house). I heard a scream about half an hour after she got home that evening. Not my finest hour, but I still get a grin out of it.

My first wife would never empty the lint trap in the dryer. It would pile up in huge mats - I would find it when I was doing a load, clean it out, and remind her that it was important to do every load.

I finally got fed up and rolled the lint mat into a little log of lint and added felt ears, wire whiskers, google eyes, and a felt tail. I put it between the washer and dryer, poking out to greet her. She SCREAMED. I said, "Well look at that. It's been in the dryer so long it's taken on a life of its own."

I'm pretty sure that wasn't even an indirect cause for divorce. She always remembered to clean out the lint trap after that.

Does it speak poorly of me if I approve of your actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom