Bubble wrap for packing material

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
I remember a thread discussing packaging ukuleles for shipment where bubble wrap was considered a no-no as it marred the surface of the uke. What about if it was used over a hard case wrapped in cloth with the uke inside the case? I was about to do this, but am holding off until I hear some words of wisdom! Thanks in advance.
Bob

I remember a thread discussing packaging ukuleles for shipment where bubble wrap was considered a no-no as it marred the surface of the uke. What about if it was used over a hard case wrapped in cloth with the uke inside the case? I was about to do this, but am holding off until I hear some words of wisdom! Thanks in advance.
Bob

You'll be fine with bubble wrap as long s the uke is in it's case. I always put the case inside a large plastic bag anyway. An alternative to bubble wrap is the 3' wide rolls of brown kraft paper that they sell as "drop cloth" (Home Depot). Unless you're using recycled bubblewrap it's much better for the environment. Cheaper than new bubble wrap.

Thanks, Chuck, for the quick response. The bubble wrap I'm using is recycled. Also, I think it's lighter than the brown paper.

Bob

I imported one of my ukes from Japan. It came in a nice case wrapped in a few layers of bubble wrap and no further packaging. Miraculously it arrived unharmed. So I guess the stuff can't be all bad.

I imported one of my ukes from Japan. It came in a nice case wrapped in a few layers of bubble wrap and no further packaging. Miraculously it arrived unharmed. So I guess the stuff can't be all bad.
Old thread... "new" member.. likely SPAM :) (not you... Bubble P 7 above.)

Top Bottom