Moon Bird Concert NUD

Kibes37

Reaction score
Short NUD. I’ll add more deatails later, but it’s my favorite. Period. Been 5 days and I’m falling more every day. A tad buzzed from a bbq, I was at. I dedicated one to a buddy who is low right now as a joke.. Which is what the opening weird text is. I’ll get into deep detail about the Bird later. It’s the best fingerpicking, but I was not in a mellow mood... Distorted as well, but whatever;)

https://vimeo.com/353351479

https://vimeo.com/353355488

Last edited:
Beautiful uke and congrats on your moon bird! I tried the moon bird concert before. Super responsive, it just need a slight touch to make a crisp note. Nice playing and look forward to your next video!

Thanks Austin. The action is higher than my other Ukes. Bought with no setup, but I kinda like the high action, due to being able to pick over the bottom of the fretboard for the first time. Gives a wider finger picking tone range... Although, I have to learn more pin point accuracy to fret notes/ chords, which I see as good practice.

It’s almost as loud as my Clara, with a WAY better neck for me.

Off-topic, but I wanted to add, I read it in a acoustic guitar forum, it’s better to stick with one instrument for at least a month at a time. I know that goes against our UAS lifestyle, But it makes sense to get familiar. I love to spread the playing wealth as much as the next guy/girl, but it resonated with me to get good with one neck then move to the next with adequate practice spacing.

Last edited:
Thanks Austin. The action is higher than my other Ukes. Bought with no setup, but I kinda like the high action, due to being able to pick over the bottom of the fretboard for the first time. Gives a wider finger picking tone range... Although, I have to learn more pin point accuracy to fret notes/ chords, which I see as good practice.

It’s almost as loud as my Clara, with a WAY better neck for me.

Off-topic, but I wanted to add, I read it in a acoustic guitar forum, it’s better to stick with one instrument for at least a month at a time. I know that goes against our UAS lifestyle, But it makes sense to get familiar. I love to spread the playing wealth as much as the next guy/girl, but it resonated with me to get good with one neck then move to the next with adequate practice spacing.

I guess the high action allows a longer decay which adds to the finger picking style of playing.

And I don’t think you want to put the moon bird down either, not because of to get familiar with it. It does have this effect to make you to chose it over the others. To be honest, I’m not a spruce top person so the moon bird is not exactly my type of uke. But I can’t help looking at it. Haha.

You’ve got some nerve not adding to my joy! Jk. I appreciate honest experiences. You don’t like spruce? I get not preferring it, but spruce with rosewood is an amazing combo. The only reason I shelled this dough out, is because top players recommended spruce. That’s a lame reason, without experiencing it in person, but I have not been led astray by HMS ot this forum.

The reality is UAS is fun and dangerous... unless you have as much fun as me day by day... then I give 2 s&$ts about a price tag.

Congrats on the new uke. This could be the start of a great friendship!

Enjoy your Moon Bird! IMO, they're well made, great intonation, and lots of fun. I was surprised at how loud it was.

I don't know if mine had a set up or not, (I bought it from someone on the forum.) Up the neck might have a bit higher action, but otherwise I'm not sure I notice much difference. I've changed the strings to Living Water, which changes the way it feels to play too, though.

I don't think I could stick with only one ukulele for one month. Aside from usually playing both high g and low g in the same practice session, I have too much fun with different sounds and the different feel of different ukuleles. But, I can see why it would be good advice to really get to know a ukulele, and make the most of that ukulele.

You've got some other really nice ukuleles, so let us know if you successfully stick to just the Moon Bird for a month. It might be hard to do!

You’ve got some nerve not adding to my joy! Jk. I appreciate honest experiences. You don’t like spruce? I get not preferring it, but spruce with rosewood is an amazing combo. The only reason I shelled this dough out, is because top players recommended spruce. That’s a lame reason, without experiencing it in person, but I have not been led astray by HMS ot this forum.

The reality is UAS is fun and dangerous... unless you have as much fun as me day by day... then I give 2 s&$ts about a price tag.

I love spruce on my guitar but it doesn’t work for me on an uke. I tried many and had a solid spruce top with laminated rosewood back and side. The notes are too crisp and distinctive for my uke taste. But again, as a fully infected UAS zombie, my taste would probably change over time and appreciate that sprucey tone. I’m glad the moon bird works so well for you and I really would love to own an aNueNue one day!

Top Bottom