Please move to our new UU discord server

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I'm reposting so as many people possible will see this:

I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan

Okay, I tried this. Where is the What's New button? Where are all of the posts from years past?

giving a bump. I hope the discord will have better security than the forums had. I look forward to the next chapter for this site!

The old style forum better suits my needs and preference.

AGREE!!! Discord is appropriately named. Useless for anything other than a Reddit-wannabe. I'll stay on UU forum until they turn out the lights. Mahalo!

I don't have any interest in memoryless communication.

I'm reposting so as many people possible will see this:

I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan

Tried it with our moped group and it just ran on and on with everything run together and no storage of old information. People did really great things for engine work on that group, and there's a lot of good information here, but you'll never see any of it again on discord unless you're on at a particular second (unless there are other ways to arrange it). Yeah the chat on it's fine, but it's the information loss that I hate.
Watching the same question scroll by over and over is boring. At least in this format you can skip over it to the next topic that might interest you.

Last edited:
I looked at the new "format" and it's not going to work for me. I've really enjoyed the Luthier's Lounge and I rarely look at the rest of UU but when they close this format it's over for me. I've really enjoyed this forum and I'm sure I'm like a lot of other builders in that I have really no other builders near where I live so this is the one place where I could see and share ideas.
Pity it is

Two viruses came on this morning when I opened up. First time ever. Only two things I did yesterday was try to get on Discord and plugged in my time machine backup. Trustfully it has something to do with the backup hookup. Am running Bitfender now to see if it's cleared since I disconnected my backup drive.

As (mostly) a lurker, I agree with the general sentiment expressed so far. I've benefited greatly from the wealth of information that's been shared here and in similar forums. Transitioning to a platform that can't be indexed by Google is a huge blow to people looking for answers on their own. The best forums aren't just a place for the regulars to hang out with their friends - they're a free resource of generously shared expertise.

I went in there a few times and did not see anything that would encourage me to come back. Will probably uninstall the app soon.

Ha, you're lucky,my PC resolutely refuses to install it it.

Top Bottom