Wanted: Collings Dog Hair Ukulele

mstevulak

Reaction score
Still Looking for a Collings Dog Hair Uke - Prefer Tenor or Conert. Will pay fair cash price or have lots of interesting guitar, ukulele, or mandolin trades. Located in Victoria BC Canada but can arrange shipping to USA address.
Many thanks

Attachments

• FD48120B-AC81-4DD2-8212-BFE18EBE9249.jpg
    FD48120B-AC81-4DD2-8212-BFE18EBE9249.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm so happy I got my "Plain Jane" UC-1 mahogany while these things were still somewhat affordable. Great uke! Plays almost as good as a "DOG-HAIR".

The one on FMM seems appropriately priced considering the rarity...if you are into that kind of thing.

Last edited:
I had a look at that 'Dog Hair' too. It has been on the marked for a while - November, so he could be up for a deal. Just something about it though that isn't doing it for me (I'm also looking for a Collings concert) dunno what it is, maybe the pick-guard doesn't look right (in the wrong place for me) or the guy's playing. I like the 'painted' mahogany ones, the white or the TV Yellow, and I think the lacquer on the uc2/3 examples just brightens up the mahogany a little...

The Doghair is very polarizing, people either love them or really dislike them. I'm one that loves it. However, I only like it only when they have ebony fingerboard and bridge. To me, the rosewood (like the one on FMM) really destroys the black/white visual theme.

The Doghair is very polarizing, people either love them or really dislike them. I'm one that loves it. However, I only like it only when they have ebony fingerboard and bridge. To me, the rosewood (like the one on FMM) really destroys the black/white visual theme.

I would totally agree with you Eddie.

I am wondering if someone has a tenor or concert they want to part with?
There is one on reverb but is a bit over priced.. asking for a friend who wants one

WTB/WTT: Collings Doghair Ukulele

Looking for a Collings Dog Hair Uke - Prefer Tenor or Concert. I want it as a memory of my dear old dog who recently passed - he was black but became “doghair” in his latter years. I will pay fair cash price or have lots of interesting guitars, ukuleles (including Collings UT1-K, UC-2 mahogany UT-2 mahogany, or mandolins as trades. Located in Victoria BC Canada but can arrange shipping to USA address.
Many thanks

Bump - still looking

Top Bottom