::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The sun is shining but it's cool today. It will take a day or two to get back to average temperatures again. But the sun being out is still nice.

The sun is shining but it's cool today. It will take a day or two to get back to average temperatures again. But the sun being out is still nice.

We're still California "cold" and it's supposed to rain again today.

That's good though. I'm tired of drought. Our snowpack is at 125% of normal right now.

Yesterday's trip to Tucson was meh. Turns out that there are many different shows trying to be the Gem & Mineral show and this was one of the fakes. The Interstate between Phoenix and Tucson is hair raising. Mrs Pere wants to take the "old road" sometime. I think I'll humor her.

I bought tickets this morning for a Mardi Gras party, here at the complex next month. It sounds like fun: professional DJ, dancing, games, beads, and food. They're doing jambalaya, gumbo, and who knows what else. Like all events here, it'll be BYOB.

The tickets are just $3, and all proceeds go to help pay for bringing in live music events, periodically. The last two of those were quite good, IMHO.

Sounds like a good time to me....

We also got tickets for the Valentine's Day sock hop. It'll be our 22nd wedding anniversary, that day. They're planning on a (resident, amatuer) DJ, dancing, and a funky socks contest.

We've already gotten our socks. Mine are covered with pictures of fried eggs, and hers with pictures of bacon.

No food provided at this one, but everyone brings snacks to share. BYOB, as always....

After cribbage today, a friend is coming over to cut my hair for me. His dad was a barber, and taught him to cut hair as a kid. He worked in his father's shop through high school, and cut hair while he was in the Navy. He has been barbering as a side gig ever since.

He has been cutting hair here for 12 years, now. Usually guys go to his apartment, but they have house guests right now. These apartments are tiny, so he has no room there while guests are there.

So, he'll come here. Not bad, for a $10 haircut....

Graupel. I always called it snow pellets. Never knew it had a real name!

lead_720_405.png

In one of those "isn't it weird how you never talk about something and then it comes up several times in just a day or two?" moments...there was a light dusting of graupel on the ground this morning. I kind of did a double take - but the stuff was definitely soft little balls, not flakes.

We are predicted to get several days of snow starting this afternoon. My family is SO EXCITED. I think they're going to jinx it.

I bought tickets this morning for a Mardi Gras party, here at the complex next month. It sounds like fun: professional DJ, dancing, games, beads, and food. They're doing jambalaya, gumbo, and who knows what else. Like all events here, it'll be BYOB.

The tickets are just $3, and all proceeds go to help pay for bringing in live music events, periodically. The last two of those were quite good, IMHO.

Sounds like a good time to me....

Except for the food that sounds like hell on earth to me.

We also got tickets for the Valentine's Day sock hop. It'll be our 22nd wedding anniversary, that day. They're planning on a (resident, amatuer) DJ, dancing, and a funky socks contest.

We've already gotten our socks. Mine are covered with pictures of fried eggs, and hers with pictures of bacon.

No food provided at this one, but everyone brings snacks to share. BYOB, as always....

You do such a good job with the socializing and having fun! That kind of stuff would give me panic attacks - I wish I could enjoy it more.

We are predicted to get several days of snow starting this afternoon. My family is SO EXCITED. I think they're going to jinx it.

When it's a novelty it's fun I guess? A little goes a long way here.

Top Bottom