::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I bought tickets this morning for a Mardi Gras party, here at the complex next month. It sounds like fun: professional DJ, dancing, games, beads, and food. They're doing jambalaya, gumbo, and who knows what else. Like all events here, it'll be BYOB.

The tickets are just $3, and all proceeds go to help pay for bringing in live music events, periodically. The last two of those were quite good, IMHO.

Sounds like a good time to me....

Sounds well worth it just for the food.

You do such a good job with the socializing and having fun! That kind of stuff would give me panic attacks - I wish I could enjoy it more.

I thought it was amusing that Don keeps mentioning that everything is BYOB and he doesn't drink.

So my principal sends out staff trivia every Monday and Friday. Today's question was which athlete didn't act in a movie (not counting cameos)

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Shaq
Michael Jordan

So I sent my answer with a clip from Game of Death w/Bruce Lee and Kareem and now I've been watching Bruce Lee fight scenes for about 30 minutes.

So my principal sends out staff trivia every Monday and Friday. Today's question was which athlete didn't act in a movie (not counting cameos)

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Shaq
Michael Jordan

So I sent my answer with a clip from Game of Death w/Bruce Lee and Kareem and now I've been watching Bruce Lee fight scenes for about 30 minutes.

But Kareem was also in Airplane!, way more than just a cameo.

It's a Lana'i Friday. My plane just arrived, just about 15 minutes late...
I hope I get back at a reasonable hour, Canoe Hut tonight!

Of course, if my flight is really late, I can just head straight there from the airport.

Canoe Hut is like three lights away from the terminal.

Speaking of Canoe Hut, I took home one of Uncle Bernard's 15" Yamaha PA cabinets to see if I could fix it.
I opened it up and tested all the components.
The tweeter horn is OK, the crossover is OK, the woofer is completely dead.
I looked on Amazon and can get a 15" woofer for about $75.
I have Prime so free shipping.
I am going to offer to fix it for him (if he pays for the woofer) and it will save him significant $ over replacement.
It would be fun for me too.

Something that really surprised me was the tiny gauge wire connected to the woofer and the horn from the crossover. I would think it would be much more robust based on the size of the cabinet.

Speaking of Canoe Hut, I took home one of Uncle Bernard's 15" Yamaha PA cabinets to see if I could fix it.
I opened it up and tested all the components.
The tweeter horn is OK, the crossover is OK, the woofer is completely dead.
I looked on Amazon and can get a 15" woofer for about $75.
I have Prime so free shipping.
I am going to offer to fix it for him (if he pays for the woofer) and it will save him significant $ over replacement.
It would be fun for me too.

Something that really surprised me was the tiny gauge wire connected to the woofer and the horn from the crossover. I would think it would be much more robust based on the size of the cabinet.

Way to go!!! Good job on the diagnostics.

Last year I repaired our sub-woofer. The foam rubber surround edge that holds the paper cone to frame had deteriorated and the cone no longer worked properly. Purchased a new foam rubber surround, the proper adhesive, scraped away the old stuff, and put on the new surround.

Hopefully it will go another 18 years.

Last edited:
In one of those "isn't it weird how you never talk about something and then it comes up several times in just a day or two?" moments...there was a light dusting of graupel on the ground this morning. I kind of did a double take - but the stuff was definitely soft little balls, not flakes.

Now you'll have to grapple with all the times you encounter graupel.

Reading Mailman's posts is like hearing someone describe their vacation on a cruise ship, or a Sandals resort.

Mature people today. It's just one party after another for y'all all day long. No sense of responsibility or purpose.

Why when I was your age we didn't have pensions, or retirement, or time off to play. We worked until we died, and then we STILL set the alarm to get up and do it all over again.

Sheesh.

I thought it was amusing that Don keeps mentioning that everything is BYOB and he doesn't drink.

Maybe it stands for something else...

- Bring Your Own Babysitter
- Bring Your Own Banana Split
- Bring Your Own Bongos
- Bring Your Own Bowling Ball
- Bring your Own Boxing gloves

Trying to teach my foods 1 kids to flip food in a pan so we did bacon fried potatoes.

Lots of fun (because one of the wannabe thugs is suspended today) running around teaching the kids to flip food. Also pretty comical.

Maybe it stands for something else...

- Bring Your Own Babysitter
- Bring Your Own Banana Split
- Bring Your Own Bongos
- Bring Your Own Bowling Ball
- Bring your Own Boxing gloves

I'm pretty sure Don ment, Bring Your Own Bongos.

Trying to teach my foods 1 kids to flip food in a pan so we did bacon fried potatoes.

Lots of fun (because one of the wannabe thugs is suspended today) running around teaching the kids to flip food. Also pretty comical.

I thought you started with learning to flip pancakes?

I learned that on a summer backpacking trip in elementary school. No spatula? Well here's how you flip a pancake in your mess kit frying pan... Gently tap it against a rock to loosen it up, then....

We also found out that if you make too heavy of a pancake, and then toss it too high in the air, when it comes down and hits your mess kit fry pan it bends the handle and continues to plummet into the dirt.

Oh well, a little dirt never hurt anyone.

I think that's the way he rolls?

Maynard1.jpg

I thought you started with learning to flip pancakes?

I learned that on a summer backpacking trip in elementary school. No spatula? Well here's how you flip a pancake in your mess kit frying pan... Gently tap it against a rock to loosen it up, then....

We also found out that if you make too heavy of a pancake, and then toss it too high in the air, when it comes down and hits your mess kit fry pan it bends the handle and continues to plummet into the dirt.

Oh well, a little dirt never hurt anyone.

I was cooking for about a dozen friends when we were camping and water skiing.

I went to show off by tossing a pancake way in the air, hitting the tree limb above ALL the food laid on the table causing the pine needles to rain down and ruining EVERYTHING we had out on the table.

I ended up treating everyone to a breakfast at Denny's in town.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Shaq
Michael Jordan

First thing that came to mind for me was Kareem in Airplane!

Top Bottom