Focusrite 2i2 Bundle

S11LKO

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading the way I record myself this year, just for fun at home and for posting the odd video on here or YouTube.

Has anyone used a Focusrite 2i2 interface/recording bundle as sold for around the 200 mark?

It seems to offer all I'd need but just wanted someone's more experienced input before I invest.

I have the cheaper iTrack Solo and it's been great. If the 2i2 has the ins and outs you need, go for it.

I have the cheaper iTrack Solo and it's been great. If the 2i2 has the ins and outs you need, go for it.

Thanks Jim. I actually went out and bought the 2i2 studio bundle yesterday and will play around with it to see if I like it. It's the DAW software I find intimidating, although I suppose it's like anything else in life, once you become familiar with it'll get easier...

You should be able to use it with any DAW you like if you don't like what came with the bundle. I've used mine with Reason mostly but I think I've had it connected to Reaper. Also several iOS apps like Cubasis, Multitrack DAW, etc.

Thanks Jim. I actually went out and bought the 2i2 studio bundle yesterday and will play around with it to see if I like it. It's the DAW software I find intimidating, although I suppose it's like anything else in life, once you become familiar with it'll get easier...

Congrats Davey, good piece of kit, you will get excellent results with that. I put the Focusrite 2i2 on my Christmas list and Santa came through. Already have headphones and a mic so just got the interface.

Me and this kinda stuff don't get along well (read techno dunce) so we shall see how frustrated I get before in sticks or gets packed away;)

Congrats Davey, good piece of kit, you will get excellent results with that. I put the Focusrite 2i2 on my Christmas list and Santa came through. Already have headphones and a mic so just got the interface.

Me and this kinda stuff don't get along well (read techno dunce) so we shall see how frustrated I get before in sticks or gets packed away;)

Haha! We'll have to guide each other as we go mate! Good luck.

Hello Dave and UpDown Dave:

Can both of you give your impressions of the Focusrite 2i2 now that you've had time to play with it? What were the reasons why you bought it? Was it because you want to control the volume levels of your voice and guitar separately going into your DAW? What are its pros and cons? I have long thought about getting one but I'm not sure what it can do, and afraid it might be difficult to use (I too am a thin dunce).

Luke

Hello Dave and UpDown Dave:

Can both of you give your impressions of the Focusrite 2i2 now that you've had time to play with it? What were the reasons why you bought it? Was it because you want to control the volume levels of your voice and guitar separately going into your DAW? What are its pros and cons? I have long thought about getting one but I'm not sure what it can do, and afraid it might be difficult to use (I too am a thin dunce).

Luke

Well........mine has not made it out of the box yet. It might just go back for a refund only because I don't think I will use it. I am not really serious about recording, got it as a Christmas present. I record on my phone for practice purposes, solo and with a few groups. I would be better off with a good external mic for my phone.

Sorry I was no help but that is my situation.

Top Bottom