Season 478 - High & Low & Underground

Known Issue] Likes and dislikes discrepancy in Watch Page vs. YTA 432 Replies

Hi creators,

There is a discrepancy between likes and dislikes on the watch page and YouTube Analytics that's affecting many channels.

Our teams are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

We'll confirm any updates on this threads.

Thanks!

Melisa (TeamYouTube)
I pasted this post from the YouTube Studio community page - in my experience this week the problem goes further and deeper than this is suggesting - ie all 'like' counts are much lower than they should be. Hopefully this is temporary and will be fixed soon! Please don't let it put you off adding to this season's wonderful collection of music! :)

Quick note. YouTube is having problems registering likes. It would appear from my experience that you can click like and the little blue thumb thingy shows up and you think everything's good, but actually other people can't see what you've done. so if you're thinking we don't like what you're doing, that's a youtube lie! We're loving everything this week! unfortunately there isn't even a button for I really really really really love this. Mind you, if there was, it probably wouldn't work!

I think that You Tube is mch more broken than that. Once upon a time you could have back and forth fluid conversations in the comments part of the page and now it seems less spontaneous.

It also seems that you hafta do more clickery than before or you go back and find that a comment hasn't posted !!. Plus all the other bollox that they are coming up with like inspecting,detecting and rejecting if they don't like the cut of your vid.

That's all on time of the five left thumbed mecha techno genius that I don't possess to operate this box of doohickory trickery !!

Ciao .

My first contribution this week touches on Low (is there anywhere lower than Hades?) and Underground.

In Greek Mythology, Orpheus descended into the underworld to bring back his dead wife, Eurydice. He is warned not to look back until they're both out of Hades. But he does so, as he emerges, and sees Eurydice fade away, as she hasn't emerged yet.

Well, in my version, this era's "Rockstar/singer-songwriter (and story teller) may not have been telling the whole truth about the episode.

Hope you enjoy:

Great Irving Berlin song deep ocean,High sky.Thanks for hosting

I think that You Tube is mch more broken than that. Once upon a time you could have back and forth fluid conversations in the comments part of the page and now it seems less spontaneous.

It also seems that you hafta do more clickery than before or you go back and find that a comment hasn't posted !!. Plus all the other bollox that they are coming up with like inspecting,detecting and rejecting if they don't like the cut of your vid.

That's all on time of the five left thumbed mecha techno genius that I don't possess to operate this box of doohickory trickery !!

Ciao .
i know we need to progress with things, otherwise there'd be no skateboards or ukuleles or cups of tea, but if it ain't broken PLEASE don't "fix" it. three of the most forboding words in the english language are "new and improved". i'm still upset that they ditched windows XP!

despite vexatious technology, another lovely day on the season! wonderful songs and performances, i hope you are all having fun because i certainly am!

If Kenneth McKellar had sung this in the Eurovision song contest
he would have kilt his chances. 😜

Here's one for Del's half of the season.

A Meat Puppets song from their "Too High To Die" album.

I strongly suspect that the song isn't really about the joys of mountaineering at all...

As luck would have it, Bobby 2 happened to pop round for a cup of sugar and agreed to sit in on this one. Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable...

X

Hello gang!

I am working away from home this week. Strange that my once weekly commute is the furthest I have been from home in more than a year.

It is a bit overwhelming actually. So I hid for half an hour and watched the entries here, along with having a go at one myself.

Brilliant work, everyone! I can't comment on anything on YouTube because all I have is my crappy tablet but there have been some great entries.

And, hello again to our charming (and modest) hosts! Absolute nonsense this ... and it will mean nothing to anyone who hasn't seen "Line of Duty", which is exceedingly popular in the UK - not least with Lynda! I have no idea whether it has crossed the Pond. Anyway, in view of your signature, Lynda, this is dedicated to you ... Nico decided to make an unexpected appearance to sing the praises of Ted Hastings!

Nice one Val !!

..to add further to this theme the explanation is in the vid.......

Scotch & Soda - learned from The Kingston Trio. This is a much different song from anything else the Trio ever recorded; jazzy rather than folky, but perfect for Bob Shane's whiskey baritone.
It was discovered by the Trio through the parents of the baseball player Tom Seaver, who had first heard it in a hotel piano lounge in 1932 when on their honeymoon in Phoenix, Arizona. They liked it so much that they had the piano player write it down for them so it would be "their song." One member of the trio (Dave Guard) was dating Seaver's older sister (Katie) at that time, and heard the song on a visit to the Seaver home. Although it is credited to Guard (he had it copyrighted in his name on March 30, 1959, my 15th birthday and just about when I was entering my "folky" phase.), the trio never discovered the real songwriter's name, though they searched for years.
This is another that I've always played on guitar and am making my ukulele Scotch & Soda debut this week.

Last edited:

hello!

for my half of this week's challenge, i invite you to bring me...

:music: songs by nico

:music: songs by the velvet underground

:music: songs by nico and the velvet underground together

if you would like to bring an original song, i'd love it if you could try to write a nico-style song!

no song limit

new vids only please, recorded for this season

season begins midnight hawaii time on saturday 10th april, and ends midnight hawaii time on sunday 18th april

HAVE FUN!

Here's my High & Low contribution - written by Paul McCartney for the Everly Brothers reunion in 1984.

High Hopes (1959) by James Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn, with some synthesizer sounds via uke and effect pedal.

(I traded one of my ukes for a couple of effect pedals, and although I don't obviously know what to do with them, it's fun to experiment.)

wow! another great day on the season! what a treat to see and hear bruce with a fab nico and the velvet undergound song :rock: super songs and performances from everyone - i really am thoroughly enjoying the week, thank you all for making it such a pleasure!

here's some marc bolan for del's half of the theme... i'm always thrilled when someone brings some marc to a season, i can't guarantee it'll be quite so exciting for del!

This is a much different song from anything else the Trio ever recorded; jazzy rather than folky, but perfect for Bob Shane's whiskey baritone.
when i first read this, i thought whiskey baritone was a supercool kind of ukulele, and did i need to try and find and buy one, until i came to my senses!!!

Top Bottom