Lfdm

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I thought that my UAS has been successfully cured, but that LFDM in the marketplace is incredible. I won't be the lucky one to buy it, since I don't play tenors.

From a search online, it looks like LFDMs are limited to tenors? Is that accurate? Not that I should really think about it during these unsettled times, but wow, that's an amazing ukulele, so I can at least daydream, right? Just curious if there is even any point in daydreaming about a concert LFDM with a 1 3/8" nut width.

LFdM also makes guitars. DownUpDave would be the person to ask. He has a LdfM tenor, LfdM 19" super tenor & LfdM baritone. And he knows the luthier Luis Feu de Mesquita.

Last edited:
I've asked Luis on a few occasions to build me a 16" scale concert. .....haven't been able to convince him yet. He has built some super tenors and baris. Maybe a bari for me someday. Just a fyi: for USA orders, you need to go through HMS. BTW, the tenor on the marketplace has sold.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the new owner of the tenor that was in the marketplace. Whoever you are, you are getting an amazing ukulele, based on the photos and sound sample.

Thanks, stevejfc, for letting me know that Luis doesn't build concerts at this time. I don't need my UAS stirred up right now anyway, LOL, so I suppose that's just as well. But, oh my, they are lovely. I hadn't really listened to them before, but the one in the marketplace caught my attention, and really, really impressed me.

On the LFdM Facebook page there are photos and comments about the six tenors Luis is making for HMS. They are getting near completion, but are a more traditional double bout shape than the cutaway with the Macaferri style sound hole.

https://www.facebook.com/LFdMGuitars/home

Be sure to scroll down to see the building stages of the ukuleles. I was particularly interested in the bracing he uses.

I don't think much is happening on the LFdM web page.

Last edited:
On the LFdM Facebook page there are photos and comments about the six tenors Luis is making for HMS. They are getting near completion, but are a more traditional double bout shape than the cutaway with the Macaferri style sound hole.

https://www.facebook.com/LFdMGuitars/home

I don't think much is happening on the LFdM web page.

I've heard so many great things about their sound, but I thought they only came in the Maccaferri style, which I never loved. Then I found out Diane Nalini's more traditionally shaped uke was a LFDM. That one is really beautiful to me, but I figured it was a one-off. Seeing these new ones headed to Andrew is kind of exciting.

Top Bottom