Rio (Michael Nesmith cover)

Hi Colin. Great job mate. I'd forgotten all about this song. Well done and thanks for sharing.
I'm always interested in the kit and software our members use to produce these 'merged videos' as it's something I'd really love to do myself.
Can I ask what YOU used and how you synced it all together? You can PM me if easier.

Thanks so much, Dave!

For audio recording, I have a Focusrite Solo interface linked to my laptop (Windows 10). and for the software I use Cubase LE, which is pretty old, but I still find it more user-friendly and practical than ProTools First that came bundled with the interface.

For video, I use a Panasonic HC-V100 video camera, and import the files into the computer using the software HD Writer LE 1.1 that came with the camera, and use that software to convert the files to MPG format.

I then create the music video using Windows Movie Maker (free with Microsoft), importing the MPGs and the mixed-down WAV audio file of the song, and synching them together by hand, which is tricky and time-consuming, and sometimes crashes and requires re-starts, but I get there eventually!

Let me know if you have any more questions - happy to help!

Colin

Thanks so much, Dave!

For audio recording, I have a Focusrite Solo interface linked to my laptop (Windows 10). and for the software I use Cubase LE, which is pretty old, but I still find it more user-friendly and practical than ProTools First that came bundled with the interface.

For video, I use a Panasonic HC-V100 video camera, and import the files into the computer using the software HD Writer LE 1.1 that came with the camera, and use that software to convert the files to MPG format.

I then create the music video using Windows Movie Maker (free with Microsoft), importing the MPGs and the mixed-down WAV audio file of the song, and synching them together by hand, which is tricky and time-consuming, and sometimes crashes and requires re-starts, but I get there eventually!

Let me know if you have any more questions - happy to help!

Colin

Thanks matey!! Appreciated.

Reposted, partly re-recorded and remixed, with my first attempt at Green Screening.

Nice! Just as I was starting to get my head around using an interface and video software, you then go and confuse me even more with 'green screening'. lol
A great job though Colin.

Thanks, Dave!

Yes just wanted to try and take things to the next level - always been intrigued by green screening - ordered a basic green screen backdrop-and-stand kit, and was intending to use a free green screening app, but it turned out it didn't work too well, so bit the bullet and paid a year's subscription for Wondershare Filmora9 - the green screen feature in it seems to work pretty well.

How are your audio/video explorations going?

To be honest Colin, I've been a bit poorly over the last couple of weeks so I haven't really been up to exploring things or even playing or recording anything. I'm seeing the doctor for some results tomorrow so once I sort out what's going on I'll get myself up and running properly and throw oneself into having a go.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Dave - hope everything goes well, mate.

Top Bottom